1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Old Sucks

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by skullz613, Sep 3, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Started with a trip to the doc's for perscription repeats which lead to a test for heart problems and now having needles stuck in me for blood tests.
    At least the sun is shining :)

2. Qorten

Qorten Unskilled Worker

Yeah, that's not funny. Good that you can keep thinking of the small positive things in life.

3. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Oh that sucks skullz. I hope you´ll be okay.
    But at least, you got positivity in yourself, what is good :). Good luck friend with this problem.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks guys. The heart test did not show anything wrong so hopefully the blood tests will pick something up.

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Hopefully they show that nothing is wrong.

6. Takarazuka

Takarazuka Vagabond

Ouch that sucks skullz... hope everything goes well! Between this and your PC crapping out, sounds like you're just having a bad week!

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep. And to add to it all I have the dentist tomorrow for a quote to get a few teeth out. I'll be pretty much broke after paying for doctors, tests and then the dentist.
    The temp PC I'm building up is looking OK thankfully. Got Win7 installed.

8. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Hey Skullz, hope everything works out for ya.
    Out of curiosity, do you have and problems with your teeth?
    You mentioned that you were looking for a quote to get some taken out so the reason I mention this is that sometimes, tooth problems can impact your overall health and cause problems in other areas. Often once the problem teeth are fixed, a lot of the other issues can go away.

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately all my teeth have gone bad. I'm loosing them one by one. It started back in 2006 when I started taking a nerve painkiller. One of the side effects of it is damage to the teeth. Can't do much about it but get them pulled out. Gonna be a gummy bear :LOL:

10. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine too. Except it wasn't from painkillers.

11. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Yeah, Funky's teeth problem was from chewing up newbies on XLN who ignored good advice about modding. :whistle:
    Or was it from grinding his teeth in frustration? :p

But seriously, having your teeth pulled is no fun let alone having to have all of them taken out. Happened to a friend of mine (Mike) about ten years back, (he had overly sensitive gums and he couldn't stand the pain from brushing his teeth). He was only in his mid thirties but his teeth had gone bad to the point where he decided to have the remaining ones taken out.
    He asked the dentist to do them all in one sitting to which the dentist said it was better to do it over multiple sessions. Mike's response was that he knew it was going to hurt like hell so it had to be done all in one session because he would not come back for a second sitting!
    So yeah he was a gummy :D

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just came back from the dentist and got a quote for one. Think I'll get a quote for the rest when I get the one causing the most pain out. The dentist said it would be best to get them all out. Not looking forward to that.

13. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

I can understand your reluctance but there's a high likelihood that with the problem teeth gone, it'll improve your overall health. Feeling better on that level will be worth the (relatively) short period of pain.

Although the pain in your wallet is gonna be another matter entirely and I have no "words of wisdom" for dealing with that :(

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, Getting Old should not be able to bite you whilst sucking with fewer teeth, not? :whistle:
    Oh... too soon? :unsure:
    But I have the suspicion that I will suffer too, as soon as I will be "old",
    problems with my spinal already, and I'm still in my twenties...

15. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Welcome to the club. I went to the dentist yesterday because of an abscess. He wants to take my four wisdom teeth now.

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Is taking all four out in your best interest or is it for his wallets best interest?

17. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Wallets, I think. Dentists have dollars in their eyes when they see my four wisdom teeth.

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was lucky with mine for about 15 years as they went up and not to the side and did not cause a problem. Unfortunately they rotted along with my other teeth :(

19. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I just had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out this past summer.

The surgery was fine, but the recovery was brutal... became violently ill from either blood I swallowed or the medication... and this was after mouth surgery so that was great.

I can't imagine having all my teeth taken out though; hope it works out for you skullz.