1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Got a Response from HW

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by IcyHot, Aug 20, 2014.

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

HW responded to my earlier email. This XenFORO project may be dead at this point unless HW wants it to move forward. I will leave this in your capable hands to talk with him about this.

2. Monty

Monty Governor

I really don't get. I understand that XL Nation is HIS site, but it's his SOON TO BE DEAD site. Am I missing something? I simply don't understand.

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I might be missing something, it seems people still post daily, new mods uploaded. Is there something I don't know?

4. Monty

Monty Governor

No, I'm talking about there's no site admin and it will be dead soon if there is no-one in charge. People couldn't sign up on the site for weeks, what's next? Not being able to login? The site needs attention or it will be going down.

I don't get that someone feels so attached to something but at the same time doesn't take care of it at all. I know he's busy in RL but we all are here trying to help.

5. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I am in contact with HW now. I am proposing he look at this setup. I will get him admin access so he can see what's going on. If he approves with this test going on with eventual move that would help. His blessing on this as the domain owner and founder would go along way with the community of users here. If he asks I will remove XenFORO immediately from the site.

This also takes pressure off me with future changes he needs to make to the domain DNS enteries if I install a new server and change phone/internet vendors

6. Hyperwolf

Hyperwolf Vagabond

Hey guys, I like this new setup. I will be talking to IcyHot privately via email regarding my administrator status.

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Look for an announcement from Hyperwolf (I hope) soon :rolleyes:

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

looking good guys, this is what the site news a new modern platform, is this the latest version of XenForo?

9. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Current official release, not the beta in testing

10. lguzman2011

lguzman2011 Unskilled Worker

Is there a way that when a new mod is introduce, that it would be marked as NEW MOD? Why? Because many of us have already downloaded most of the mods that are being posted in this new website and yet I am finding it hard to figure out which is brand new from the older mods that we got from XL Nation. :confused: