1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'Presentations' started by raulv87, Jul 7, 2015.

1. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

Hi there!

I have posted 2 city journals, so I found it appropriate to introduce myself.
    So. My name is Raul and I live in Tallinn, Estonia

ustWgMOdNar9Gf_V436mLSPLCZftOzPn4PePw_icju8=w1318-h487-no.jpg

As you can imagine, one of my hobbies is playing computer games. I have tried several city building games and I bought a CD of CXL 2011 in february 2013. At that time my absolute favourite game was a transport system building game Open TTD. It had some advantages over CXL. For example the oldfashioned and simple OTTD is much easier for my slow laptop to handle than CXL (yeah, I should get a new computer). As I love building intersections and road systems, I found OTTD better game to do that as well... until I got RHM working. After that I have barely played OTTD any more.

Few road systems: Strenki / Glādriēna / Malbar

OXSp8UrPyjtvuf2ZON_TsyrQg9-lVPQ5rN4luqPMNi8=w1366-h376-no.jpg

When I was 15, I created my own language (Selinki) and I have had my imaginary country Selia as long as I can remember. All of the names of my cities fit to my language criteria and in my imagination all of my cities are located somewhere in Selia

So far I have made quite simple and small towns. Partly because of my background (we don't have many megacities in the Baltics and Nordics :) ), partly because the game gets slow with bigger cities and partly because I just don't like too overcrowded cities.

My simple skylines:

Klaupio
    uA48AJY7PrTrd1ze3Wb03qTA3WZ6r2k-sh6BnlVlLTc=w781-h308-no.jpg

Debracie
    a5zfcnNFnZlev2fTSIk9IP-eevXshv6LW0zplfXN5lw=w683-h332-no.jpg

Glādriēna
    xlwyWPxqyArkEn4UXQYM4DGiIGs3Djc-m8yDdAbaWI8=w1290-h667-no.jpg

Marletanska
    iYt1NIgj0zeqYPHKV2T8XG9w5BORojSxk9_60W9FS2M=w1157-h667-no.jpg

The entrance to Strenki
    UNAC1Q2h48wfoXjo4-_r-b9QDJauWJYbsnt0IzzLD2s=w1268-h667-no.jpg

Maybe someone remembers my first city journal about Malbar. I have taken this aurora picture myself in Finland, so I have few more other hobbies as well :). One of them is hunting auroras.
    5q61NLPfYVsiwZLZi22PfjnzBVULa4XEScHMTu5UkqQ=w1120-h574-no.png

Although we don't have disasters in CXL, it seems, that someone is eating my city! :D
    Pacman square, Klaupio
    0OmtToCEeNz9d5VSycfC4jZ43ALeNp7FPvepSJ5p440=w1366-h545-no.jpg

I start many cities, but I don't finish them too often. As soon as I see, that the city doesn't go the way that I have imagined and planned it, I leave it. If I get enough decent pictures of Strenki (ready) and Klaupio (still in progress, but going very well), I could post city journals about these.

The capital Dāgren will probably have to wait for this new computer, I'm dreaming about :)

Thanks for your attention

Pamascus27, kipate and Inan like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Welcome on board!
    I hope you will further enjoy this site here!
    Your cities look very promising, seems like I will need to have
    a deeper look onto them soon (y)

raulv87 likes this.
  3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to xlnation :)

raulv87 likes this.
  4. veija2

veija2 Mayor

You're doing some fun and unusual stuff - look forward to seeing more. Love the pac-man.

raulv87 likes this.