1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL help info needed

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by axel, Jun 7, 2015.

1. axel

axel Governor

Hi mates,

I have a new baby eight core high end pc 4gb videocard, one thing i mis is info about what i need to mod again? and where to get it, so if any one cane tell me step by step what i need to get on my pc to mod again a would be verry happy (y) and where to get it ;) so i can mod again.

for now i have GIMP (y)

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Hey axel!

You'll need:

If you have Cities XXL, it comes with a standalone Artist Tool Suite that allows you to load and export FBX files, so you can use any 3D graphics program (Blender, Sketchup, Maya, etc).

Check this guides by PaulJChris for more info:
    http://xlnation.city/resources/beginners-modding-guide-module1-required-resources.681/

axel likes this.
  3. axel

axel Governor

Hi Monty,

Thx mate ill get in to it this week and see how far i can get (y)

Mr.X² likes this.
  4. axel

axel Governor

Hi mates needs somme help with unit, grid and snap settings
    I have the unit settings in meters and system unit settings in 1 unit = 1,0 meters, but i want to have my grid in big square meters within square cm but how do i do this?? i mean like a big square of 1 mtr block divided in cm blocks

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you gotta set 1 unit = 1 centimeter
    you can change grid-settings here:
    Untitled 2.jpg
    for me grid size changes with zoom level, thought this is standard? well, im not an expert^^

axel likes this.
  6. axel

axel Governor

Hi MrX2 Grid spacing is standard 10.0M have to change it everytime, but change it in 1.0m or 0.1m?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thats up to you, your personal preference :)

8. axel

axel Governor

thx mate