1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! "not Enough Freight Capacity" Bug?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Guillem, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

Hello!

I'm new here, although not new to the game. I've been playing for months now, but yesterday I found a strange bug that made me reset my city in Mount St Helens: despite three connections to the edge of the map, the freight counter had reset to 0. It might have happened because I deleted one of the freight gates in order to put a highway in its place, or at least that's the only relation I can find with what I was doing and the sudden loss of freight capacity.

It would have ended there if it wasn't because today I began another city, only to discover that here too I had zero freight capacity, either marked with an x or with a clear, round zero.

I have recently installed several mods, so I'll try uninstalling them and see if it persists.

My question is: Is this a known issue? Can it be solved? I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of bulding more roads to the purple edge, since they don't seem to have any effect.

I'm playing Platinum ed. and I have several mods installed, I guess it could be that. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks!

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Hmm this issue sounds pretty new to me. Don't know if it can be solved.
    I wish I can help.:( I hope someone knows a solution.

3. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

Thanks. I've tried the game mods off and it still happens. All my new cities are always at 0 freights, no matter how many harbors or intercity highways I build.

I guess I'll have to reinstall the game. Question:

If I reinstall, can I save my cities somewhere? Will they be stored? I wouldn't want so much effort wasted, and starting anew sucks monkey balls. Where are the saved cities? Which files should I keep safe?

I wonder why did this happen. It probably didn't happen because of the mods, since it worked fine. It might have something to do with placing two intercity links close together on pause (since I could not find any other way to connect both highway lanes from the Realistic Highway pack...). It certainly happened after that.

Any tip of info on how to solve this, I'll be thankful!

I've tried googleing the problem, but I haven't found anything that indicates other might have had the same problem.

4. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

I think I may be having the same problem as this bloke:

http://forum.citiesxl.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1929&sid=e43ea1f06eb8639963d502a6159a1be8&start=10

Who posted a screenshot looking very similar to my problem. Here are my screenshots, showing how my new cities all have no freight or passengers, while Omnicorp and the old cities I made still have freight.

CITIES1_zps64f623c0.png

CITIES2_zps4f08d460.png

The city of St Helens there has 1 freight because it's the city I got this "bug" first. Two of its links went down, the third one remained, so I got stuck at 1 freight, no matter how many links I built afterwards.

I'd like to see if anyone has any inkling before I reinstall and (potentially) loose all my hard working cities.

Thanks again!

5. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

In case someone can help, I've got some news on the case:

I've reinstalled now with a clean slate, no cities or savegames left, and the bug is still there. Still there. Which makes me think that the game had some pockets of files left inside my computer that the uninstall didn't delete (after all, I had to manually delete the savegames because they didn't go away with the uninstall process).

This game is unplayable now, unless I want to devote some hours builing small rural towns that can't grow because they lack a ton of stuff that they can't import. Help, please!

6. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Did you try clearing the shadercache?

7. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

No, I haven't. How can I do it?

8. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Go to:
    "C:\Users\YourId\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\shadercache"
    Delete the contents when Cities XL is not running.
    There is a .bat file somewhere on this site to do this automatically.

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member