1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Hey guys, I need help with this supposedly rare bug

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by ivanh96, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ivanh96

ivanh96 Vagabond

Well I'll go to the point, the resource layer disappeared in Cities XXL, I have the same problem on every map saved as on every map that starts again. I can not build anything, oil, water, vacations, NOTHING. I tried reinstalling the game (deleting all kinds of traces), erasing the cache, erasing the profiles, basically everything I found in the Roaming and Local folders (Local Disk C: / Users / * name * / AppData) but the problem persists. I do not have Steam so the only solution I found on the internet I could not apply. The problem appeared the day after installing the game, since the first day I played a single map without any problems, both without and with the mods installed, the problem appeared when I wanted to play again. Restarting the PC did not give results either, before receiving such responses. It is quite annoying and the first time that happens to me, I never had this problem in any of the previous verions of this game so I do not think the reason is also the hardware of my PC or the software given that I played on windows 7 without problems.

My toaster:

- AMD Athlon II X3 processor (3 cores at 3.20 GHz)
    - Graphics AMD 760g 512VRAM (according to CPU-Z)
    - 4 GB Ram memory
    - Enough hard disk space (500 GB)
    - Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
    - Windows 8.1 full updated

I know,my computer its a shit, but I played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with this old toaster. I appreciate all kind of help and sorry if my English is not quite good, I write with what I learned and with what google translate can help me.

Regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bueno ire al grano, la capa de recursos desapareció en Cities XXL, tengo el mismo problema en cada mapa guardado como en cada mapa que comienze de nuevo. No puedo construir absolutamente nada, petroleo, agua, vacaciones, NADA. Intenté reinstalando el juego (borrando todo tipo de rastro), borrando el caché, borrando los perfiles, basicamente todo lo que encontré en las carpetas Roaming y Local (Local Disk C:/Users/*name*/AppData) pero el problema persiste. No tengo Steam así que la única solución que encontré en internet no pude aplicarla. El problema apareció al dia siguiente de haber instalado el juego, ya que el primer día jugué un solo mapa sin ningún tipo de problemas, tanto sin como con los mods instalados, el problema apareció cuando quise volver a jugar. El reiniciar la PC no dió resultados tampoco, antes de recibir este tipo de respuestas. Es bastante molesto y la primera vez que me pasa, jamás tuve este problema en ninguna de las veriones anteriores de este juego por lo que no creo que la razón tampoco sea el hardware de mi PC o el software dado que lo jugaba en windows 7 sin problemas.
    Mi tostador:

- Procesador AMD Athlon II X3 (3 núcleos a 3.20 GHz)
    - Gráficos AMD 760g 512VRAM (según CPU-Z)
    - 4 GB de memoria Ram
    - Suficiente espacio en disco duro (500 GB)
    - Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
    - Windows 8.1 full updated
    Lo sé, mi computadora es una mierda, pero he jugado Assassin´s Creed Brotherhood con este viejo tostador. Agradezco todo tipo de ayuda y disculpen si mi inglés no es del todo bueno, escribo con lo que aprendí y con lo que google translate puede ayudarme.

Saludos ejemplo1.png ejemplo2.png ejemplo3.png

A violet stripe would appear on the sides...

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

This is not so rare. I have the same issue with in game maps only.
    Custom mod maps work well, so I just use them instead.

ivanh96 likes this.
  3. ivanh96

ivanh96 Vagabond

I tried to use custom maps to avoid the problem but these were also affected

4. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

Have you tried playing the game vanilla or without custom maps?

ivanh96 likes this.
  5. MilkyMiloNZ

MilkyMiloNZ Skilled Worker

Sorry this may seem silly but is it the same when you play sandbox mode?

ivanh96 likes this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Is your game updated to the latest? The menu is missing the filter button from the top.
    Could be the latest patches may solve the issue your having.

I have no idea where you can get them though if your not using a steam version.

ivanh96 likes this.
  7. ivanh96

ivanh96 Vagabond

I tried playing without modified maps and sandbox mode but the problem persists :(

Honestly I did not find updates for the game without steam and the filter button does not appear because I ran it to a corner so it will not be seen because it bothers me but it does not really change at all by touching any button