1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi pals, I have a little problem btw

Discussion in 'Presentations' started by sleeping82, Jan 28, 2019.

1. sleeping82

sleeping82 Vagabond

hi,

there is a reason why I'm here in this forum: I got a new PC and forgot to backup my "old" cities of Cities XXL!
    I want to test settings and stuff with a laaaarge city but savegames are nowhere to be found...other games
    on Steam send the savegames to the cloud for gods sake...I was in the deepest corners of the web and found
    NO SAVEGAMES for this particular game...

If somebody owns XXL: could you send me / tell me where I can get 1 savegame of a huge city for testing purposes, thx in advance ^^

I tested XXL with my new AMD-midrange-PC on WQHD with all on max and in a new city I have 160 fps when I zoom out and when I'm down on the streets around 70...this may drop when the town turns to a moloch, not a large drop with a Ryzen 5 2600X I guess but dropping it will, I wanna be prepared for this drop...

cheerio,

sleeping82 (aka Erwin from the mighty country of Austria)

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey,

welcome on board! You can politely ask some members whether they have some big XXL cities they would be willing to share. But don't be disappointed when they refuse to^^ Players rarely want to share their dirty little secrets about their cities :D

Also, sorry for the loss of your cities :/ but why bother testing big cities on your computer, why not just building a new city? ;)

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

If a member does share you will need all the mods they used as well.

Mr.X² and kipate like this.
  4. sleeping82

sleeping82 Vagabond

I don't use mods, should I? If nobody wants to share...no problem...
    played a little and fps already dropped to around 50, which is not good...
    Here are 2 pics of a farming village...every inch of fertile land is used ^^

EDIT: did I sound rude or something? English is not my first language...

Attached Files:

Project_Oz likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

I strongly recommend the use of mods. Download them one by one as you like, but always read the instructions ;)
    You can look up the City Journals or Media sections to see how mods affect a city ;)
    Tutorial - Beginner's Guide <- That will help ;)

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I couldn't handle playing without mods after all these years of using them. They bring the game more to life. If your just using the game for its simulation aspect then mods won't help you much. Apart from any that help with the core of the game.

7. sleeping82

sleeping82 Vagabond

I just play the "story" and try to build awesome cities with everybody happy and no umemployed people :)

8. kipate

kipate Governor

But "awesome" only works with mods ;) just look at some of the top city journals or within the media section^^

9. moekhl94

moekhl94 Vagabond

if u playing on steam maybe u can downloaded again