1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I change the file name inside a .sgbin file and where else did I needed to do?

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by sadiemydog, Aug 7, 2015.

1. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Hi!

I have been helped already but I get problems again... Because I want to change all RHM retextures to texture addon. This time I want to change file name from the .sgbin and change thumbnails. Is the file name and thumbnail inside a .dat file or is it in the original RHM patch , how can I open a .dat file and did I need to change the name of the map to??? I hope someone could help me. My goal is to finish the mod tommorow night.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

you can open the .dat file with a hex editor. In the file you will find the names of the other files.

As for PakUnpak, just create a sgbin from the folder, then you should be able to rename it

If you use the cxlpackager, rename all the files, also rename them in the .dat

3. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Sorry I was a long time offline. I've tried a long but I did not know what type of code language is used in the HeX editor so I am litterly stucked at the moment. And school put me out of modding. Because this year there are exams. So I think I won't mod for some time.