1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum How do I create more nearby passenger service?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Kelly Yero, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Kelly Yero

Kelly Yero Unskilled Worker

I have laid out a good bus system but I am still suffering from a lack of nearby passenger service. I don't understand how I create more. I only have 32k population. It is way too soon for a metro or airport!

Help!

2. veija2

veija2 Mayor

How's your traffic?

3. Kelly Yero

All in the green at this point. I put down a park and resulting holiday hotels from the positive environment created and still that didn't help. I have 2/80 passenger capacity in the trade screen and still the profitability if my offices is very low due to lack of nearby passenger services. My bus line is only running at 47% efficiency, so it is not overcrowded either.

4. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

There is an interface button to check Passengers and Freight services availabilty. Green roads mean sufficient services while yellow-to-no color means insufficient. You probably have built your offices along the yellow or so roads.

5. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Does the bus line run past the offices with stops?
    Is there a near by connection to the edge of the map?

6. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Well, to explain it better:

Here is passenger service provided suficiently:
    gamescreen0128.jpg

Here yellow roads provide insufficient Passenger services, so probably you built offices along these:

gamescreen0136.jpg

7. Kelly Yero

Thanks for the replies! I moved the offices to the edge of the map and made a good road connection for them and it seemed to do the trick. Fortunately it was a city that I didn't have much time invested in so I could relocate my offices without much issue. I want to try further in the city as time goes by though. Didn't know about the passenger interface button so that will come in handy.

Thanks again!!!

8. dlimpens

dlimpens Executive

You also can add an harbor or airport for freight and/or passengers in the neighbourhood of the yello roads if this is possible and acceptable for your cities layout - this also solves the problem. You have to use the original CXL harbor and airport- not the patches you maybe later added to the game. I had the same problem and I added an harbor-element for passengers and now all the offices funcioning well. Look in the transportation menu and click on the airport button

9. Kelly Yero

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to try the airport scenario. Most of my cities will not have a harbor since they are inland and don't have the availability. It is very interesting about the original harbor though, I didn't know that one.
    Thanks!!!