1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Block/control Automatic Rise Of Modded Buildings?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SirHenry, Jan 11, 2015.

1. SirHenry

SirHenry Vagabond

Hi there!

Forum search and google give me no answer so here is my question: is there a mod or cheat to control the automatic rise of added mod buildings? It's kind of ugly and unrealistic when there are two or more examples of the same building in one city (like two Freedom Towers or smth. like that). Any ideas/help or infos about that?

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I guess instead of zoning buildings - place them individually. there is a tool to switch between zoning or individual placement.

3. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Yeah nickos solution is the only one.

4. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

But then the area tool is useless. In CXL, most mod buildings didn't get zoned. Now, if I'm using the New York low skilled and skilled building set, I'll see these buildings popping up everywhere in low density areas, and they don't even fill one full square.

It's honestly awful, and it's holding me back to playing more. I'm one of those European smugs who dislike low density residential suburbia, and I have no interest in making them; now that the game makes it almost impossible to automatically set up residential suburbia, well, I won't do any. Plopping houses one by one is tedious.

In CXL there was a way. Isn't there a similar way for XXL?

5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

nozac tag, which avoids growing in platinum doesnt work in xxl anymore. thats fhis fault.. we can only hope for a patch or our master modder...

6. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

Well, damn.

Thanks for the answer!