1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change .patch files

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Mr. Sky, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

Hey guys,
    can you explain me, how I get a .patch file into a class file to modify it? I have already downloaded Easy Mod XL but can´t convert a .patch file into a class file. My intention is to change the localisazion of some mods, they aren´t shown in XXL or make some buildings become raisable/sinkable via Shift (like evaldog´s Free Range Mod).

Is there any tutorial in the forums to modify existing .patch-files? I will be very happy of any advice.

Cheers,

:dmc6:

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

CitiesXL PakUnpak DL link
    MEGA
    It's an easy program to use for compressing/uncompressing .patch files

Mr. Sky likes this.
  3. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

Thank you :)

And do you also know, how to edit the class file? I mean, how to change street furniture to city furniture for example. I´m at the beginning of modding, don´t understand the relationship between all parameters.

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Sorry, I have edited only a few map, plaza, and road files.
    I think the class files, layout files, localization files have only to do with how objects are placed and how they act inside the game environment.
    The actual roads, buildings, furniture, etc. are edited in the .sgbn files that require editing the "models" in 3dsMax.
    There are some tutorials here in the resources on "modeling" (creating mods) and a lot of these guys are willing to help.

5. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

I asked the wrong question. I didn´t ment to edit existing street furnitures. I want only edit the existing Street Furniture Mod for example, so it can be used also in XXL, because it´s located in a sub-menu, which do not exist in XXL.

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr. Sky likes this.
  7. ronrn

ronrn Governor

That would be the "<tags>" (that you here so much about) found in the class file.

Mr. Sky likes this.