1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How to set the sea level when creating map

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by 422021499, Jul 11, 2022.

1. 422021499

422021499 Unskilled Worker

I am a player of CitiesXL.
    When I learned to creating a map currently,I found that I cannot control the sea level,which was too high or to low.
    001.png
    002.png
    003.png
    I try to adjust the world's height in World Machine 2 and try to use the slides in CXL MapEditor.
    However,I have never found the solution yet.
    Mapeditor.png
    004.png
    So is there anyone can he me out?

2. 422021499

422021499 Unskilled Worker

Can I use CitiesXXL Map Editor to create a XL map?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You cant use the new editor to make maps for XL. I learnt how to make maps following Funky's tutorials.
    Tutorial - Funky's Cartography Workshop
    He goes into detail at somepoint about the editor and those sliders to get the water right.

As for the water level it is an tricky thing to get spot on in the editor but with practice it will take less time to get it how you want. Even I will have to test a map 10 or more times before I'm happy with the right level.