1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Huge Problem With Most Mods

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by youngcitybuilderg, Dec 6, 2014.

1. youngcitybuilderg

youngcitybuilderg Unskilled Worker

Ok guys, I have this huge problem with the majority of mods for Cities XL 2012. I do not have Platinum, by the way.
    Mods seem to cause this problem where the textures are all over the place when I'm on ground level. Some don't show up on the ground if I'm zoomed out too far either.
    I don't seem to have too many problems with transportation mods, such as RHM, the mod that has the TLAs and some other roads. I don't have any problems out of the Pharmist mods either.
    The bulk of my problems come from buildings. The Wal-Mart mod has a problem to where it don't show up unless I'm directly over top of it with the camera, It causes my screen to go grey if I zoom out over it too much. Also, when I'm at ground level, Wal-Mart's textures are all over the place on my screen, with pieces of my map actually showing through it.
    I've also had this problem with the post office buildings mod, Ultra-Tune, American Gas Stations Pack, and American Fast Food Pack. (not sure if those are the right names, but they're close). There are several upon several other mods I've had this problem out of, but not near as bad as the one's I listed.
    I don't think my computer is at fault here, simply because I used to not have this problem. I had to format my hard-drive and reinstall Windows a few months ago, and therefore reinstalled Cities XL. As a matter of fact, I've reinstalled CXL about 7 times trying to solve the problem. I have the shader mod for players as well, because I thought RHM needed that as well as the UIM.
    I noticed too, though, that XLNation had shut down and completely restarted. I reinstalled CXL the first time, and download mods from XLN. It makes me wonder if there is a mod I'm supposed to have for CXL that keeps this from happening, that I haven't found on here since the site restarted.
    But, just to help someone out with helping me with this problem, here's the specs of my computer.
    Machine: Dell Latitude E6400 (laptop)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2.8Ghz
    RAM: 4Gb DDR2 PC3200
    Graphics Card: NVidia Quadro NVS 160M
    Graphics Memory: Approx. 1995MB
    Direct X Version: DirectX 11
    Resolution is set at 1280x800 (32-bit) (60hz refresh)
    Like I said, I never had this problem before. I know I have the most up-to-date version of my graphics driver. And, I work on computers for a living, so I know what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff. But, for some reason, I can't figure out why I'm having this problem out of CXL. Before, the only problem I ever had with CXL was the game becoming drastically slow after I reached around a million or so inhabitants. After searching up about that, I found out it was because CXL can't operate on more than 1 core of the processor or some shit like that. Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever would be kind enough to help me out here.

2. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

i think its normal, try to flatten the area and try again to deploy a mod or a highway.

3. Monty

Monty Governor

Do you have the shader pack mod installed?

kipate likes this.
  4. youngcitybuilderg

youngcitybuilderg Unskilled Worker

Alright guys, I figured out the problem I was having. I had downloaded the shader pack mod and had it in the game and still had the problem. I know that the mod is required to keep custom content from being all kinds of screwed up. So, out of curiosity, I downloaded the patch file again, and took the first one I downloaded out of the packs folder. Then, I opened up both the files in notepad. Now, I know notepad just shows weird symbols and what not, but I thought maybe I'd see a difference in the two if anything was wrong with the first download. I noticed an ENORMOUS difference between the two files. The first download of the patch was significantly shorter than the second download of the patch. The files (even though copies of the exact same thing, the same mod everyone uses with CXL) were even different sizes. So, I deleted the one I had in the packs folder, and put the newly downloaded file in. Downloaded the walmart mod, and wala, no problems whatsoever. The only thing I can think of, is when I first downloaded my mods, I was using a shitty internet connection, and the connection did drop in the middle of the download (BitComet lets you resume stopped downloads). I resumed it once my connection came back on, and so maybe the file got broken, or part of it didn't download? Just kind of strange, but re-downloading the shader pack fixed the problem.

5. Monty

Monty Governor

Yeah, it could be a corrupted file. I'm glad you solved the problem. (y)

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

It could be related to an issue with the new site upgrade and the first load of mods uploaded in an incorrect format. You may of had one of those! I believe 99% of bad uploads where re-uploaded. You might of just been unlucky to have one of those bad uploads.