1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum I'm giving it one more shot... This one line in log is causing my errors

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by chocolate_city, Jan 8, 2018.

1. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

[19:25:39] SCRIPT csLuaState.cpp ( 291) ErrorBuild LUA_ERRRUN : runtime error ([string "data\design\script\siminfo\XLN_UI_MapMgr.lu..."]:70: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil) stack traceback: [C]: in function 'pairs' [string "data\design\script\siminfo\XLN_UI_MapMgr.lu..."]:70: in function 'CreateUIMSlotList' [string "data\design\script\siminfo\XLN_UI_MapMgr.lu..."]:137: in function 'AddUIMMapList' [string "data\interface\panels\outgamemenu\XLN_UI_ou..."]:39: in function 'Init' [string "data\interface\panels\outgamemenu\outgameme..."]:59: in function 'OnPanelOpen' [string "DATA\INTERFACE\SCREENS\S_OUTGAMEMENU.LUA"]:6: in function 'OnOpen' [string "S_OUTGAMEMENU:OnOpen()"]:1: in main chunk) It seems familiar... I've taken out all of my mod maps, but I still get this error. Can anyone help.

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Try going to:
    C:\Users\urname\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\offline\solo and delete all of the "similartomapname_slotmap.cxl" files for maps not in use.

3. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

Thank you for your timely response..... its appreciated, but will this work with Cities XL Platinum? I'm not using XXL. I tried it and it didn't work. Thanks for your help though

4. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

Update.. After careful re-installation, deleting all of my previous cities, adding mods 20 to 40 at a time, my game started. Since I had put back all of my mods (12 gib worth the same as before this mess started happening) I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place. OH well, live and learn....

5. Maverick Mollera

Maverick Mollera Vagabond

Maybe some of your mods are not working properly which resulted in a crash of your game after installing 20 to 40 mods at a time. Because some mods may require prerequisites of other mods.

6. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I think you might of got something mixed up. Let me clarify, with 11 gigs of mods, my game ran fine for months, I stopped playing for about a month or two, and this new crash started up.... for the longest I couldn't figure it out, I then re-installed everything.. and added 20 to 40 mods at a time and my game didn't crash..after some hours I had realized that I added all of 11 gigs of mods and the game still didn't crash.... So I really don't have any idea what mod caused the problem, the log on the crash was like looking at chicken scratch in another language...

7. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Sounds like a System File Check could be needed to look for bad block chains.
    Or Windows Memory Diagnostics or even a malware scan.