1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagged Graphics

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by evilcatdog, Sep 1, 2014.

1. evilcatdog

evilcatdog Unskilled Worker

HI guys,

this might be a dumb question, but my graphics have suddenly become all jagged and ugly.

They used to look super nice, I have a V expensive PC and can normally run the game on super full settings.
    Is there a mod or similar that could cause this?

I have tried updating graphics drivers, no luck. Unless the last update changed settings in them?

Anyone else know this issue?
    One example I can give is when you zoom out on roads and the white lines from the sidewlak appear criss crossed instead of parallel?

James

2. KR153

KR153 Vagabond

Do you have problems with any other game as well? Because to me that sounds like a GFX card problem.

3. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Could you provide a screenshot? I don't think any mod could cause that sort of glitch, so it's probably something on your end.

4. Monty

Monty Governor

A screenshot would help a lot.

Is the antialiasing filtering ON?

Also if you have an ATI or NVidia graphic card, you can set it to force a better anisiotropic filter in the GPU's control panel. It will improve the look of the textures quite a bit.

Landstander likes this.
  5. abdo

abdo Guest

hii monto the game graphics is high but it looks like very low graphics whyyyyy??

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Again, a screenshot would help.

7. abdo

abdo Guest

cxl_screenshot_nova_0.jpg cxl_screenshot_nova_1.jpg cxl_screenshot_nova_2.jpg cxl_screenshot_nova_3.jpg cxl_screenshot_nova_4.jpg cxl_screenshot_nova_5.jpg

8. abdo

abdo Guest

snick can you help with that??

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

wow, that looks like LOD4 everywhere, guess its a wrong graphic setting somewhere, but sorry i dont have a clue how to fix that

10. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't remember the exact name, but in the options menu, under graphical settings there should be a drop-down for "model detail" or something like that. Make sure that is set to high, as well as all the other individual options.

If all the individual options appear to be set high, then I'm not sure what exactly the problem is. I've heard of trouble loading LODs before, but this looks like an extreme case.

11. abdo

abdo Guest

there is anti-aliasing in video option , i set it to 4x but some times the graphic is perfect another it becomes very bad like in the screen shots

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I had this problem with a city I built on my Doha2 map. It would happen every now and then. It only happened in that city and no other.

13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

This has recently happened to me using CXL Platinum. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to happen and sometimes 5. It has not happened to me in CXL 2012 though.

14. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Every now and then this happens to me as well; the LODs don't load correctly for some reason. But, I'm playing on low graphics settings, and it seems to resolve itself in a minute or two.

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Which version of CXL do you use?

16. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

17. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have not had it happen in 2012.....yet. Fingers crossed it doesn't. I have started playing with the graphics lower as well. It does not look that good but allows me to work faster. I also don't have as many crashes.

18. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I have this issue with some of my cities, too. For me I just try to wait for it to solve itself, if it takes too long I usually close the game and restart it in after 15 minutes. BTW my version is CXL Platinum, haven't played any other versions than that.