1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazan Cathedral in SPB

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Immort_al, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Lod 2 and 1 are done. But there are some problems (shining stripes on the edge of poligons) with the second UV channel. I do not have a time to make a new second UV channel self illumination map because in this way I would have to make Lod 2 and 1 again.I will try to resize manually all this poligons with this f ... stripes, hope it will fix the problem, otherway I will have to upload mod with this craping night map or make a simple night map for UV channel 1 - it is just shining windows. megascreen0162.PNG
    _temp_export_11-3-2017_01.PNG _temp_export_11-3-2017_03.PNG _temp_export_11-3-2017_04.PNG

Lexxa, Monty, kipate and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

did you try smoothing the polygons?
    also did you apply a normal map on it?

3. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I've used smoothing, no I haven't used the normal map, because I used mirrored textures and as I remember normal map doesn't work correctly in CXL viewer

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

try to use a completely flat one then (100% blue or whatever) (it wont look weird at the mirrored faces)
    for some reason without a normal map models can look weird

Immort_al likes this.
  5. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Unwraping colonnade is in progress. 004.jpg
    The restoration of the real cathedral has proceed.
    KjheQgjRjtM[1].jpg

6. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Meanwhile the work on the mod is on the finish line.
    Kasanskiy sobor postcard.jpg

7. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Before the official release, it would be great if someone of you test the mod in a fully built-up city. I've used 2048 map instead of 1024, and it could be affected on the game performance.
    XLN_immortal_kasanskiys_v1.0.patch

kipate likes this.
  8. secpol

secpol Governor

Используй 2048, игра тормозит хрен поймёшь от чего, могу обучить, как исходники просмотреть на C#, там конечно заумно запрограмировано с OpenGL, но если время есть.......

Забыл сказать про кресты на куполах, не делай их с помощью карты опасити, поликаунт креста мизерный, а с плохой прорисовкой в картах "op" выглядит коряво, делай сеткой

9. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Не очень понимаю про что ты, но наверное интересно было бы обучиться, я в программировании вообще ноль.

Кстати сделал для Lod 1 крест с помощью сетки, получилось почти +100 углов. gamescreen0212.jpg

Myname likes this.
  10. secpol

secpol Governor

Ну хрен с ним, церковь такая только одна будет в городе, в третьем лоде свельдишь, а в четвёртом удалишь
    Захват1.png

11. Muwatalli

Muwatalli Unskilled Worker

Are you working on any new projects?

12. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I have started a few projects, but do not have much time to work on them. Probably soon I finish university building from SPB, because it is the easiest one. It called "12 collegium building" and it is the old one in SPB. m_82287052e2c8a5f7[1].jpg
    12 коллегий 002.png

javier, Mr. Sky, axel and 8 others like this.
  13. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

And what about that amazing esplanade road with stairs?!?

14. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

It is on really begining level.

axel and kipate like this.
  15. javier

javier Skilled Worker

hola disculpa las molestias pero perdi el mod XLN_immortal_ligovka3_XL_v1.0.patch y no lo puedo descargar y la verdad es que es muy bueno, has hecho un exelente trabajo. Me podrias decir como lo puedo descargar gracias
    Disculpa no hablo bien ingle pero uso el traductor.
    Gracias y saludos
    PD uso todos tus mods son muy buenos

16. secpol

secpol Governor

17. javier

javier Skilled Worker

Gracias por tu amabilidad saludos

18. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Since I reinstalled my 3d max, my cities XL tool viewer is not working. Model looks pink and 2nd an 3rd lod disappear. So I am not able to export my models to sgbin format.
    I have no time to find out what is wrong with it.
    upload_2019-8-4_18-8-53.png

So I decided to leave here my few almost finished models in 3d max file format (no light map in both models).
    I hope someone of moders could use it in noncommercial purpose and finish them and convert to sgbin file and publish a mod here.

upload_2019-8-4_18-8-18.png

Attached Files:

Razox likes this.
  19. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

wow nice building,i think the pink problem will be the files name or pictures name of themproblem?and one question please tell me how you can upload the attached files?i donot know how to upload the files,i can not find the button!

20. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

I'm not sure that the naming is a problem, because I tried to convert my previous models to sgbin again with reinstalled xl viewer and they are pink. While I successfully converted them with a previous installed xl viewer and they are published here.

To upload an attached file to your post just use a button "upload a file". I don't know why you don't have this button. Screenshot_20190815-085233_Chrome.jpg