1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Kitsunebi's Ryu-jin Nation: Hangetsu

History of a city (reload)

1. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Kitsunebi submitted a new resource:

Kitsunebi's Ryu-jin Nation: Hangetsu - History of a city (reload)

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

So you said you would prefer a novel (deutsch: Roman), so here we go:
    I do like this CJ a lot, one of my all-time favourites, and I feel honoured that
    you lately showed me a satellite image of the city, where I could enjoy
    the city's layout :)

I admire the history part: it may look lengthy, but it is easy to read, lots easier
    than all the garbage that I have written, AND it does make you feel the atmosphere,
    the heartbeat of the city. I especially like the part of the 1920s and 1930s, you excellently
    put in some architectonical references to exsiting cities, as Shanghai or New York.

Of course, some of the districts look rather European given the buildings used, but
    one should always remember that the city is a 3 years old! Back then, there were not so many
    mods available. But I guess you are going to implement all the artworks of Nogerivan and KR153
    now?

And yeah, some parts do also look unrealistic, e.g. the six-lane expressway of 1901 in one of the districts, there is just no explanation for that ;) :D
    Or the size of the old 1950s' airport.

But, that be granted.
    The good points do simply outweigh all the little disturbances:
    A realistic scenery, especially around the Quay, a terrific road layout,
    although you do use the in-game highways, consistency in building aside
    from the urge to use some of the non-Asian Style buildings, and impressive work
    on the photos themselves to make them look old, which enhances the atmosphere
    a lot more!

I hope to see more soon, let's see how the airport will turn out ;) :p
    Ooops...

Kitsunebi likes this.
  3. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Thank you very much, kipate, for the novel :)

For the buildings: I will show more Asian styled buildings in future updates - as you said, back then there weren't many mods available. Although, you may not notice that I added some screenshots with newer mods to the existing decades already ;)

And I know... the expressway! Well what can I say: Hangetsu city counsel planned ahead :D and I'm using the English roads so I can't use RHM. Plus I had some troubles using it in other cities; it probably doesn't get along with some very old mods but without those I can't even load Hangetsu anymore...

Finally I can only hope that I'll be able to add the rest of the decades to the overview - XLN doesn't allow bigger postings. Or I'll have to make all the decades as single updates!? We'll see...