1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolkata[加尔各答] 1.0

The capital of the Indian state of West Bengal

1. moran

moran Elite

2. AI town

AI town Unskilled Worker

Thank you so much, great map, mainly of the Kolkata proper, have a good day....

3. AI town

AI town Unskilled Worker

sorry couldn't find an option to write a review in the reviews section, anyway, really liked the canals and wetland section in the east, extensive work there, again thank you so much.......

4. AI town

AI town Unskilled Worker

It would be great to have some more maps of Indian cities ......have a good day....

5. KOCMOC

KOCMOC Skilled Worker

Sadly
    1.jpg

6. AI town

AI town Unskilled Worker

Very few places are eligible for harbour or jetty in this map.......

7. kipate

kipate Governor

@Kurtis Edwards , I hope the one-image presentation by moran was not the reason for your 3-stars rating;
    I ask because it sounds like this.

If you call him lazy for not having inserted more images, you could likely be called the same for not having looked up Kolkat via Google Maps or any similar service. There you could have seen the whole area,
    and this just within maybe 10-15 seconds?

8. Kurtis Edwards

Kipate, I will take some offense to this. Mind your own business. Furthermore, yes, I do know what the real Kolkata looks like; maps in CitiesXL are nothing like real maps. Even if they come from height maps and DEM's, the scale of gameplay in XL isn't accurate. I know this because I spent four years at university studying maps and GIS.

There is nothing about the game play, how many trees Ill be deleting, how high the base shoreline is, how the coloring of the shoreline is, how much sand was painted, how detailed the landscape shading is.. and so on that Ill be able to see looking at Google. I never called him lazy, he's made too many resources for us on XLnation to be considered lazy. This resource, in my opinion, because of the single picture has the rating I want to give it.

9. kipate

kipate Governor

@Kurtis Edwards :
    So you actually gave the rating before having tested the map in game?
    Yes, that kind of player is exactly what modders wish for.
    This hypocritical behaviour is annyoing: "Oh mate, there is only one picture
    of the map, do you actually want me to test it? That is such a waste of my time.
    Instead of downloading it and getting to know how it looks like within 5 minutes,
    I will complain about your presentation, be highly indignant, and then look for other maps the
    next 15 minutes. That is what I will do!"

10. Kurtis Edwards

You make no sense. I haven't done, nor have I had the history on this website of doing anything you just listed. Furthermore, I am not gonna get into yet another argument with you. Think what you will Kipate. You are not a moderator and have no control over content.

11. kipate

kipate Governor

AND:
    Keep in mind that you are getting a resource for free, a resource that surely has taken
    some hours to create, and you don't have to pay a single cent for it.
    But instead of being a bit more grateful, you get outrageous and complain about tiny
    details. Did you consider that moran probably released it before getting to sleep?
    I think if you really want a perfectly presented resource, then you should pay for it.

12. Kurtis Edwards

Ok, Kiptate. You think you are right and that's all that matters to you.

13. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Once again, if someone has issues with reviews, they should feel free to PM the reviewer for an explanation, or a staff member if they want it removed - and it is our decision to make whether it will be removed or not.

With that said, let's stop the arguing please. Regardless of the issue, I don't think moran or any author would appreciate this. Any further messages about this here will be deleted.

14. moran

moran Elite

This map was request by AI town,he also specified the region.I just built this map.
    I also know that Edwards Kurtis just told me something, not a criticism, and of course I wouldn't care.
    I 'm lazy, always.