1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Landscape Rock 1.0

XLN_XXL_drazic_rock_landscape01_v1.0

1. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Drazicdesign submitted a new resource:

Landscape Rock - XLN_XXL_drazic_rock_landscape01_v1.0

Read more about this resource...

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

To all players who have already downloaded the beta version "XLN_XXL_drazic_rural_landscape_v0.02", I invite you to replace it with this version "XLN_XXL_drazic_rock_landscape01_v1.0" which is lighter and better finished.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ahh, I was just about to post a question about the older one. Cheers Drazic.

4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    Glad to see these awesome rocks finally being made official. For those of us who used the old beta patch will this one replace the older file while still working with the older version of rocks? Hopefully we won't have to replace the old rocks with this newer mod.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

As usual, remove the old version "XLN_XXL_drazic_rural_landscape_v0.02"" of your folder "mods", and then replace by this new version "XLN_XXL_drazic_rock_landscape01_v1.0"
    No problem, you can restart loading your city.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Had an idea the other day to shrink these rocks like I did to some of the trees. Tried doing it yesterday but got a crash.
    [11:14:33] GAMEGRAPHICS ggLodDynamic.cpp ( 387) Assert Trying to downsample Lod4 texture b_rock_01_drazic_dif_l1_downX4

The folder and file structure I made up seemed to work OK but I guess the game did not like shrinking the large textures.

I would love to have some of these rocks in a smaller size for gardens and pond edges. The KH rockybeach ones are OK but your textures are way better.

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,

I would have liked to respond favorably to your request, but unfortunately I do not have 3ds Max, so I can not act on the size,

However, if a modder has 3ds max, I can provide the files and texture to allow it to rework new stones.

So I make a call to the modders to handle your request.

kipate and skullz613 like this.
  8. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Hi, I just started using this mode. I'm very happy with it when decorating the ground, but I think it would be even more useful if some of the stones (almost all):unsure:, for example "Clear rock 06", you can rotate them vertically so they can be used as wall. I hope it's not too much trouble and you can add the changes, thanks.

9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

All stones can pivot on the vertical axis (Z).
    Hold the Shift key on your keyboard and move your mouse sideways at the same time.

The stones will pivot.

10. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I know to use shift key, but with shift i can only rotate horizontally and on vertical axis i can move the rock up or down but no rotation.
    I'm trying to make a rocky valley. If I use the stones on the left and right of the image, the walls of the valley come out too straight. if I could rotate the stones in the middle vertically (they are slightly curved) and in combination with @Supersnake (thank you too) Megaliths mod (his mod is more rugged), I think I could make some realistic rocky valleys.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

11. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Unfortunately I do not have enough competence to do what you ask.

Sorry.

Project_Oz likes this.