1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Language can't be changed XXL

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thefriendlyarab, Sep 21, 2015.

1. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Hi guys. After recently fixing the game I am unable to change the language. I am unsure of what language it is in. Can someone help me get it back to english?

Attached Files:

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

You can try this:
    • Right-click the Cities XL-shortcut
    • Go to 'properties' or something similar (I don't have Windows in English so I'm not sure).
    • Then you'll see a menu. Select the 'shortcut' tab above and then you'll see two links which start with: "C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities. Select the first one (I think it's something like 'target').
    • Select the end of this link, which will look similar to this: _Platinum.exe" LOCALIZATION/LANGUAGE=en.
    • Select the part after the =-sign and change it to en as in the example.

3. thefriendlyarab

I'll give that a try as soon as I get home. I'm doing maybe my fifth reinstallation of a fresh copy and reinstallation of the mods. I wish it wasn't so hard to reinstall the workshop mods from steam.

4. thefriendlyarab

I think you're referring to cities XL. I need help w/ XXL.

5. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I used CXL Platinum for the example, yes. But are you sure it doesn't work with CXXL? Of course the links woukd have to look different.
    If you haven't found how to change the language after this afternoon (European time ;)), I'lI search where the localisation is located in the game so you can change it back the normal way.

6. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Okay, so apparently the language can't be changed in-game...

Anyway, here's a screenshot that might help you. Since your current language is set to Taiwanese (tw), the link on the right should end with LOCALIZATION/LANGUAGE=tw for you. I'm not sure what it looks like in Windows 8 or 10 but it should be similar.
    upload_2015-9-22_18-43-21.png

7. thefriendlyarab

I wiped the game completely. It's fine now. Now I have to figure out how to redownload steam workshop