1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Malbourne

portcity

1. facaden

facaden Skilled Worker

2. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

very nice city =)

3. veija2

veija2 Mayor

This is a great city. I especially like all your port areas, and this image in particular http://s25.postimg.org/x6j9338db/cxl_screenshot_aaa_72.jpg.
    Your angular road system is beautifully laid out; well done. You are very gifted. I would only wish to see less traffic congestion in this city, but that is my personal taste.

4. kipate

kipate Governor

So, for my review:
    I have to say that I find this city a fantastic example
    of an American styled city that has some elements
    of some major Asian Cities of European descent, e.g. Singapore
    and Hong Kong (if this was not your intention,
    well, then I'm sorry, but that is the impression I got).

I have to say that I was at first sight rather shocked recognizing
    that you put the highways that close to the CBD area and that the CBD area itself
    indeed has some very tall skyscrapers going up to 391 meters (CITIC Plaza).
    But first, you really cared about to avoid unnecessary highway constructions that would take up
    too much space in that densely populated downtown by sticking to rather simple interchanges,
    then you second placed the skyscrapers apparently that carefully such that every single one
    of them has enough free air space around and hence was still visible for people from several angles
    (go to New York, it is not the case that you can see any building there from more than one
    angle a bit farther away...).

The suburbs look very good, it really looks like the city was culminating into the CBD, rather than
    just lying widely spread in the area; you have several nice sub-central parts close to the CBD.

At parts I am a bit confused about the buildings you chose to stand next to each other,
    e.g. when you have public housing look alike buildings next to rather elites' houses,
    I know that was a nice general thought, but in reality, the elites often refuse to settle
    next to the unskilled...

I also have to say that I like your conception of placing some "towers of strength" within
    low-rise areas, them being standalone high rises gives nice panorama shots :)

Your detailism is on TOP LEVEL, really!!!

Some minor critique would center around the air polluting oil harbour close to the city,
    don't know whether it does not too much pollute the air for all the workers when they move
    through the CBD...
    And you did not add a story yet, or at least some key thoughts about the city,
    I'd like to see that, too :)

Cheers,
    kipate

5. Bannicus

Bannicus Vagabond

Amazing! What lighting mod have you used?

6. Monty

Monty Governor

I was bored and edited one of your pics. I hope you don't mind. It looks kinda gloomy :p

malbourne.jpg

Artmaster, gbojanic and streetsofny like this.
  7. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

I like it, has a real city feel to it. My wife thought it was a real pic. I've got some nice shots of cities for you to browse and potentially edit if you feel like. There detailed areas of cities I built and then lost the city, some I'm still working on...I need to break down and buy the monthly photoshop. I miss it so. Anyway let me know.

8. Monty

Monty Governor

Yeah, of course.

9. Jan303

Jan303 Unskilled Worker

like it (y)

10. Daniel Hasbun

Daniel Hasbun Skilled Worker

what map did you use??

11. Muhammad Kasmani

Muhammad Kasmani Vagabond

This is Super!

Has this city been made in Expert mode?

12. kipate

kipate Governor

@HACKERITO, você pode ver as imagens na parte inferior, não é? (Google Translate)
    [​IMG]