1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Mississauga Suburban Homes 1.1

A set of houses from Mississauga s suburbs.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Mississauga Suburban Homes - A set of houses from Mississauga s suburbs.

Read more about this resource...

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

After testing these houses in XXL I discovered an error somewhere in your files. I zoomed in and XXL crashed and the log had the following lines,

Code:
    [01:47:51]   CORE     mcFile.cpp     ( 198)   Error     can't open file c:\users\hernan\documents\3dsmax\export\Textures/h_mississauga_house01_t1_ill_l1.tga
    [01:47:51]   GAMEGRAPHICS     ggLodDynamic.cpp     ( 382)   Assert     Trying to downsample Lod4 texture h_mississauga_house02_t1_dif_l1_downX4
    I also have the famous line straight after it,
    Code:
    [01:50:47]    GRAPH3D            EffectFactory.cpp                 ( 320)    Error         Fx file <Data/Shader/#.fx> not found. Switching to default.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just going to add a few more lines just in case you decide to upgrade these houses to XXL. These lines followed to first two I posted. The houses seem to work fine until you zoom in close.
    Code:
    [02:20:33]    CORE               mcFile.cpp                        ( 198)    Error         can't open file ""
    [02:21:51]    CORE               mcFile.cpp                        ( 198)    Error         can't open file noprototypetype
    [02:28:00]    GRAPH3D            EffectFactory.cpp                 ( 320)    Error         Fx file <Data/Shader/#.fx> not found. Switching to default.
    [02:28:00]    GRAPH3D            EffectFactory.cpp                 ( 320)    Error         Fx file <Data/Shader/#.fx> not found. Switching to default.
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 518)    Assert        Technique not valid.
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 559)    Assert        Technique not valid.
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 568)    Assert        Technique not valid.
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 570)    Assert        EffectPass at index 0 is not valid!
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 583)    Assert        hr code: 1820ef8 "Error creating input layout"
    [02:28:00]    CORE               Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h      ( 592)    Assert        hr code: 1820fac "Effect::BeginPass error"

4. Monty

Monty Governor

Thanks for reporting it. All the mods should be revised to make sure they work in XXL. Little mistakes that made the game switch to default shader in previous versions now make the game crash.

Until mods are not "Certified" to work with CXXL I don't recommend to use any of the old mods in CXXL.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Monty, I'm really starting to miss these great little houses. Will you be updating these for XXL at some point?

6. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep, this and my other mods but without a working transparent shader and the NOZAC tag not working is pointless at the moment.

These houses are not standard lots and without a working NOZAC tag they will grow in zones. So I guess we'll have to wait.

7. RealMadrid2015

RealMadrid2015 Vagabond

I live in Mississauga and I can say these are all very accurate - well done!

Monty likes this.