1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

modding?

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by nicko2u, Oct 4, 2015.

1. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I see a few xln users have already posted some mods to skylines, is it easy? can we convert existing models? pretty sure we can. Are there any tutorials? Why has no one posted any if not?

I just bought the game 50% off. so might play it and might see if I can add some of my models to it! love to hear some feed back from other xln come skyline modders!!!

Edit - @IcyHot maybe add a modding sub forum to skyline forum? if you read this lol

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Apparently is easier to make mods for Skylines. And yes you can convert your CXL mods.

3. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

CSL modding is easier, and needs less effort (lower triangle counts).
    Basically, you can just edit or rework your L3s of CXL for CSL.

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

not sure about just altering your L3?
    basically from what i'm reading here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...a-model-into-game-ready-asset-3ds-max.857689/

all you need is your L1 and L4 models. might have to also adjust some maps/textures. ie basic ill map, _a alpha map is transparency as well.

either way I might try to convert on of mine, seems xln modding is doomed since its limited to 3d max 2012 and mine expires in few months. so will prb download and use the latest version of max.

5. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

I mean you can use your L3 model of CXL mod and transform it to L1 model of CSL. There is no need to model the base. So you can delete it and save texture space (no need for grass, parking, pavement textures).
    BTW, you can use the same CXL L4 for CSL Lod file.

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ah thanks, yeah I forget to note to myself you dont need base. still not sure why dont you use L1 ? instead of L3? more details are good as long as triangle count is in spec?

7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Of course you can use L1, but usually L3s of CXL models meet CSL reqs.