1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Moscow Buildings Pack 17.0

17 Buildings Pack based upon the architecture of Moscow

1. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Ah okay, can you please tell me at which number the changes are visible. I see teher's a skipped numeber and i wonder if the changes are made from there.
    I'm asking this because i have changed some of the older buildings into overwater and no collision. So if the numbers from that ones ould still match i could keep that version.

2. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

The model names have not changed so they wil still work in existing cities. It the patch name that it changed and is applicable to nos 15, 16m and 17 only. Patch numbers now match model numbers.

3. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Thanks for the reply Paul. Everything seems to be working.
    And it's surely better to have the model number matching patch number.

4. peterycristi

peterycristi Unskilled Worker

The pack is really great! Thanks for going on with it and for all the great work you've done until now. What about some stalinist buildings for the big prospects… i think they are still missing and a lot of people would appreciate… or maybe some orthodox churches… Keep on the good work!

5. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Pretty nice work you have here.

And say, just curious, while you're working on Moscow buildings, is it possible you can consider the Moscow buildings I requested?

• Moscow buildings:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

6. Le Cat

Le Cat Guest

So... If those buildings are part of this collection, maybe...

7. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

but they are not if I do remember well...

8. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

With regard to the pictures posted above

Nos 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 and 7 are all in the pack.

They are all really difficult ones to convert due to their HUGE triangle count. Monty had a go at the GUM store but struggled with the roof texture because it is very poor quality compared to the rest of the model. The same aplies to a lot of these models. Any one want to help convert some more of these models , please feel free to do so . I can help with the Maya to Max conversion and advice on process but my modding time is really limited until the Xmas holidays due to real life commitments.

9. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Since when were those buildings included in the pack? I don't see them. Shame if they can't be made, but anyways.

10. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Radiant, PJC is meaning that the buildings are part of the 3d buildings source files pack. It is a pack we found as a torrent, there are about 400 buildings... but most of them are in Maya format & need a lot of work to be imported to CXL. The files you see in our Moscow building pack are all incoming from this orignal torrent pack

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

17 now think I only had 14 before, downloading latest zip file shortly thank you

12. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Paul, I thought I seen a few statues that may make good deco's. though again I guess it's down to how many poly/triangles they have etc.
    I can't recall the names of the models but im sure you can find them. Monty is the master of creating nice statues maybe he can help if you find anything worth while.

13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Ah, I see.

14. Muwatalli

Muwatalli Unskilled Worker

Are people still converting these models from the source file pack? I really want to use them.