1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help In My Model

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by selodinger, Apr 5, 2017.

1. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Greetings XLNation
    I've just started to create something on 3ds max, a kind of port office. Already downloaded all 3d modeling tutorial document on the website, and applied one by one as it's written. (Basic shaping, texturing etc..) Yet I forgot that add a door in the building and I'm unable to work out. Also I can't the traingle count in my model. Can you show me that how I can overcome these issues? Thanks for the further replies.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

kipate and BahadirB like this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

to add a door youll need some free space on your diffuse map. add a texture there
    most simple way to apply it on your model would be to use the slice plane
    just cut a rectangle in size of your door somewhere and apply the texture

about triangle count: click the little + on your viewport (top-left) and go to preferences, statistics and check the boxes, also show in active view

selodinger likes this.
  3. selodinger

selodinger Governor

A'ight, I'm really appreciated with your help X :)
    Have a nice day