1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Neighborhood Transition Survery

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kurtis Edwards, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Kurtis Edwards

Hey all.

I am currently starting a new city and wanted some input on a particular thorn in my back. The idea behind this city, on a technical stance, is too have a stellar looking aerial, as well as neighborhood/street level views. At least to me, buildings like the Mcmansions and what not appear brighter and therefore high density when zoomed out. Not complaining, however, I want to keep my density and aerials at a very realistic look....

With this city my main idea in planning is to use three mod packs as a "main filler". Such that, lower density, suburban town centers will use the Spanish pack, areas closer to the main city core, or inner ring suburbs will use the Amsterdam pack, and the neighborhoods of my city core will use the German pack. There is elevation so the Jakarta pack is out, unfortunately. I will use tons of different buildings but the "average" style of those neighborhoods will be the main packs. To me, this is quite a challenge in terms of transitioning between those very different styles.

Yes, I do practice blocking with parks, and commercial/industrial/warehouse areas (I am American lol) It's a great way to completely divide an area and give a sort of faux city limits. However, I am specifically looking for peoples opinion on which buildings and mods they would use to transition their neighborhoods from one of the packs I described above into the residential areas and then into a new pack. As sort that they don't have a zone difference but a style change with housing in between. This is very realistic to me and I don't want any "blunt" changes. But, I thought I'd throw the question out there for inspiration.

In the picture I posted I wanted to show my first neighborhood. You can clearly see where I am going to start transitioning from "downtown" to residential. I want to stop using the Spanish pack as I feel I have achieved a dense enough core. What buildings and houses would you start to use to take this little city core and turn the area into an actual town?

I am looking for actual mods, building names, styles, maybe an image. The city's areas, school yards, parks, industrial zones, and open spaces are already planned (and I am doggedly about those). So, I am not looking for someone to tell me what type of neighborhood to build. I just want to know what buildings you might suggest to transition from pack to residential to new pack. Follow? I hope I made this clear, seems a bit confusing to me. LOL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kurtis Edwards

Oh, I do zone restrict based on my street width. The wider the road the taller/denser the building placement. I kind of feel this is realistic as well.

3. Kurtis Edwards

A bit of expansion thus far.

pQfmY1ReM36OyRvc0SRuYfGlnRA1nYBOIsXWp9jPO_c=w437-h246-no.png
    -BMYwdVzysi2FWyOSkFAX5J5qv2EFi3-31xDhMiayz0=w1716-h965-no.png