1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

New Developer Diaries

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by TotalyMoo, Dec 3, 2014.

1. TotalyMoo

TotalyMoo Paradox Community Manager

kipate likes this.
  2. Monty

Monty Governor

Thank you TotalyMoo. The transport options are quite complete, the models look very nice and the new UI looks way more sleek and cohesive. I'm looking forward for more transport options, like those in CiM games. I'm sure that's the kind of DLC everyone will love to get!

The tourism activity and its implications looks very interesting. I'm glad you included this since tourism is such an important economical activity for many, many cities around the world.
    So far it looks like you made the most realistic economical simulation in city building games :b2:

I noticed the screenshot in the Public Transport dev diary look more bright and saturated compared to the other ones. I read some complaints about that too. Maybe it would be nice if the dev team could add a slider in the game graphic option panel to adjust the brigthness, saturation and color correction. Maybe some color correction presets too -I think SC2013 has those- It would be a cool feature and it's a good approach to try to please everyone. As you may noticed, city builders are very picky about how they want their city to look like. :LOL:

3. TotalyMoo

Graphics are very, very much WIP in dev diary 4, and still in many aspects in DD5. Don't worry, things won't look that bright and oversaturated for much longer :)

Alex24 likes this.
  4. Rene

Rene Executive

Thanks for posting those dev diaries Totalymoo, even though this place probably won't be after all the centerpiece for the community (ST plans to be) so thanks you for taking us account too.

Could you please link those those 2 latest simulation videos here, I'm loving everything in those and thanks you for forking out tunnels so fast, thank you indeed for including tunnels in first release as I know this was something that might of been postponed to later update.

Cities Skylines will be far greater than SC and CXL, just look at the brush tool everywhere how handy it is. And how one can brush an area and then make that district to specialize like u demo'ed, thanks.

Cities Skylines is what Sim City was suppose to / should of been.

The gameplay already at this alpha stage looks more 'alive' than CXL because there is actually stuff happening around the city, and the notice/news window, all looking great.

5. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Umm if I have anything to say about it, we will be the premier site for Skylines :)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  6. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

To Rene

It would be great if you could go over to simtrop then and annoy them and leave us in peace.

Signed

The 8,346 members of XL Nation.

FussionM likes this.
  7. TotalyMoo

Highlights

Full stream

I'm very glad for your support! :)

snick likes this.
  8. TotalyMoo

Have I missed something, or are you just joking around? :eek:

9. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

i must confuse i am going to buy it, it looks really nice(y)

10. Monty

Monty Governor

Rene is the kind of special member that every forum has. ;)

kipate and The Funky Monk like this.
  11. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I am hoping to expand XLNation to encompass Skylines as well as CitiesXL. I am excited to learn how you guys plan to support the modding community and how "sharing of mods" will work. Our modding community is fantastic. Without their input and hard work CitiesXL may have gone a different way these last four years.

12. kipate

kipate Governor

We may need a new name for our little community then?
    CitiesXL goes CitiesXXL + Cities:Skylines, meaning CSL...
    so CXXL and CSL, CLNation? :p

13. TotalyMoo

Obviously CityNation :D

14. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Sadly that domain name is taken, unless I chose citynation.city which I guess is a new domain extension

15. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Must confess i wasn’t that crazy about this game when i first got in touch with. Although early development stages and future graphic improvements have been pointed out, my general feeling was still a little on the downside, since I love the realism of CXL and considerer it more important than the gameplay itself.

As time goes by and more information is revealed, I’m changing my mind. These last 2 videos got me really interested and I started to feel less skeptical about Skylines. I am now under the impression I will change my mind after all.

One thing for sure: the way the development team is getting involved with this community and with overall potential buyers and players is something we must praise and it really does make a difference.

Clearly you’ve been listening to community and are putting efforts into launching a game that actually answers to players expectations. That single fact is getting me to like the game more and more.

And yes the game is looking really alive. I never though I would value that very much, but truth is this last videos are proving me wrong.

Totally in favour this site having Skylines support. I’m now looking forward into further developments.

16. Rene

Rene Executive

xlnation.net is just fine

"Extra Large Nations" I think was the behind idea, and the "xl" made a nice connection to Cities XL.

So I think the community is pretty safe with the domain.

Could CO/Paradox make it available to choose place where to share mods? like in this place? Why STEAM only?

With XLN already established, there's no excuse to focus only CXL - but Cities Skylines too.

Be it said and true.

17. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Thank you for reminding me about the latest Developer Diaries. I read them and I liked them.

About XLNation, I certainly hope we can be a good fansite for not only Cities XL (and sequels) but also for Cities: Skylines as well.

--Ocram

18. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

When Skylines releases I intend to expand the forums greatly to provide an equal footing with Cities XL. Once we understand the modding system for Skylines the Resource Manager here will expand to support an XLEX for Skylines as well if that is an option.

CitiesXL on Simtropolis always seem like an "after thought" with all the SimCity Fanbois having nothing positive to say about CitiesXL. That won't happen here. There is plenty of room for both. CitiesXL may be more the "painting" simulation and Skylines more the city simulator but there is a place for both and I think many of us may play both.

snick likes this.
  19. Rene

Rene Executive

Indeed IcytHot.

You lead the way after HW.

20. Rene

Rene Executive

That's an analysis and might not be the wrong one. But there's more to it. After all hey I provide value, not just leech mods. I plan to do with both Cities XXL and Skylines.
    (please unban chat for mi)