1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

New hosting for XLN

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by skullz613, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks again for the donations. I have secured the hosting and will start the process of backing up the site and database soon.
    hosting knownhost.JPG
    I had to top up the final amount as paypal hits me with a fee for any amount of money coming into my account.
    To back up the site I will need to put it into maintenance mode. Hopefully I can get this done quickly and reduce the downtime as much as possible.
    I will need to time the move with Icyhot though as I do not have access to the domain yet. Once DNS is done you will see the temporary page I did for the first move. I will update the page to keep you all informed on the progress.

I hope this will be the last move we have to make for a long time.

Nearly forgot, I will set up a new monthly donation goal just to cover the hosting bill once we have moved.

Mr.X² and Monty like this.
  2. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Just let me know, Takes me just a few minutes to make the changes. I will work on getting the domain transferred to you once you settle on a hosting site

XOUSTE and Mr.X² like this.
  3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Was an interesting challenge. Have not used WHM for a while. Had to install some PHP packages as there was only PHP7.
    I noticed a while ago that the XLN front page (featured threads etc...) did not like PHP7.

Everything is ready on the VPS so I'll email you the new DNS then I'll start doing backups for the transfer. Going from cPanel to cPanel so hopefully it will be straight forward.

Mr.X² likes this.
  4. Monty

Monty Governor

the site seems very fast now, great!

Myname, skullz613 and kipate like this.
  5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

All seems good and no errors :)
    Had issues with Image Magick but believe it's to do with just the addon for the resource icons. Not a major problem at the moment as the GD graphics library works just fine to deal with images.
    We are only using just over 20% of the RAM where before we were around 90%. Helps that we now have more of it.

CraCkeR JaCk, kipate and Monty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.