1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum No Free Slot.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Radiant Dawn, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

What does it mean when one of your maps says "no free slot" when you try to open it and what can I do to solve it?

2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

UIM installed?

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

you the default game is limited to x amount of map slots, UIM increases it to allow more if you select that option. I'm sure there was also a separate mod that did the same.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  4. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I do have the UIM installed, however I was not aware of an option that you select that enables that feature.

Anyways, after deleting some open maps that I wasn't using, I seem to have solved the problem, however for future reference, how do I select the option with the UIM to enable the more map slot option?

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I think when you first set-up/run UIM exe, it gives you option, could be wrong been ages since I installed it.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  6. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think there is actually no option for that, it simply adds more slots without asking

7. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

im facing the same problem. i have UIM. i also tried to edit the cxl file but did not success :(

8. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

finally fixed it, you need to delete an unused save file.
    go to:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\offline\solo

then delete one of the save folders which you don't need anymore.

9. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

UIM does it automatically, there is no option. Have a look at one if the maps you are using, it will have % of uses. Some use 20% each time and others more. There is also a mod called 'add extra map slots' by Altiris , but I think this is for locations on the planet.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've seen a few custom maps use 50%. You just have to remove any unwanted cities using the map you want to use.

11. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Some users created maps use the same slot(s) index as an already existing map.
    This can also result in a "No free slot".
    50% means there are two slots for that index and one is already in use.
    The slot index is related to a position on the globe.
    This was probably some feature that never made it into the game or had to do with the online sharing game.
    Maybe to connect the globe terrain with the map terrain.
    Would have been better to rip the globe out and just supply slots for some number of cities with any map.

12. jclee94

jclee94 Vagabond

i have cities XXL and some of my maps are not in use and it still shows as 0% free slots.....what can I do to fix the issue

13. ronrn

ronrn Governor

-go to:
    C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\offline\solo
    -copy/backup the entire "solo" folder.

-remove any one or all "abcdef_slotmap.cxl" that is not associated with your saved cities (the "solosaveregion#map##" folders).
    This will free up "slots" for new maps.