1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

CXL 2012 Number of Workers

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Skater27, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Has anyone created a table of the number and kind of workers for each density of industry, commercial, resources and services?

2. Birk LeGlaire

Yes I did. But... it is in french, except the number of course.
    If it is what you are looking for, I will traduce it and put it in a format you can use.
    XXL version (numbers read in XXL-class file. CXXL_industries_attributs.JPG

3. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Thanks, that is what I am looking for.
    Not knowing French, I do not see the employment numbers for Fire, Police, Schools or Hospitals.
    I started doing your blue fields for 2012 by building only one item in an empty city and seem to be getting slightly different numbers for some.
    I get 3 unskilled for Farms. Did the balance change moving cities from XL to XXL?
    I also get 3 workers for medium density residences and 6 for high. Not very realistic but neither are the employment numbers.

4. Birk LeGlaire

I see you know enough french to notice that employment numbers for servicies (police, health ...) are missing ! ;)
    I put this numbers on an other part because there are no standard like for industries. And my list is not complet.

About numbers, in XXL farms uses 2 unskilled. And medium density has two workers, higt 5. I think my nombers are right, I tested them in a city with 650 workers for 150 production units (industry, manufacturing, offices, services and shops). And respecting those numbers I can reach a city of 1kk peopes whith less than 1 % unmployment.

About the realism (5 workers for a hight density residence), it doesn't disturb me. We must not see residence like house for workers. Residence must be seen like production unit which may contains x or y workers or what else. Fg. a farm needs 2 production units which means 2 low residences or 1 medium residence. A hight density residence will provide the task force for 2 industries level 1 and 1 farm. Then the management becomes very very interesting: how much production units for low level 1 industry, 2 manufactures, 4 Hight Tech and 2 offices, which is a production line (1 industry produces 150 goods which are cosumed by 2 manufacturings and so on....) ? How much ???? Not easy isn't it ? The answer is 8 unskilled, 20 skilled and 13 managers. (Ok I cheat: I did a excel sheet to compute how much units for a production line). So when you know what to build for a production line you know which services and road you must build for the needed production units assuming that conditions like fret are ok. Is that not interesting management ? YES it is, or at least it is the magement I like so much.

Have good dreams!

Attached Files:

Abandon Ship likes this.