1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Objects are surpassing the grid

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by selodinger, Jan 4, 2017.

1. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Greetings XL Nation modders.
    I really appreciate your contributions of this website, you're making beautiful stuff out there. Anyway, I wanted to try modding, after my exams are done. Downloaded all the tutorials of modding in the tab, currently I'm on the first tutorial. (Around creating object part). However, I'm stuck with sizing this plane or object. It's surpassing the grids on the floor when I'm entering the numbers. How can I overcome this problem?
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Mr.X² likes this.
  2. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Check your units settings which define the size of the grid squares. The white grid in the middle is just a placeholder put in by max automatically to show you where the origin (0,0,0) is located in a visual way. The plane you created is the right size. When you export it to the cities XL viewer , you can check your scale by turning on the grid settings. 1 square in the viewer is always 1 meter when displayed in the game.

selodinger likes this.
  3. Monty

Monty Governor

The grid is reduced in Perspective view by default. You can switch to othographic view to keep the whole view (U key) which retains the full viewport grid or change the grid settings by right clicking on the snap toggle button, Home Grid tab. Change the Perspective View Grid Extent to a greater value to make the grid larger.

[​IMG]

selodinger likes this.
  4. selodinger

selodinger Governor

5. secpol

secpol Governor

@selodinger, You will find all of the lessons for 3DS Max on YouTube, from simple to complex, nice to see the emergence of a new Moder!

6. selodinger

selodinger Governor

It's not a big deal, just I do have free time and I wanted to try modding. By thw way, thank you for kind words @secpol :)