1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

Cities XXL Ok, so I lost my saved game...

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Lily, May 24, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Vagabond

Turns out I had accidentally named two save files under the same. In which twisted reality does this even get allowed in a game? So I see the city as I left it in the preview picture but trying to load it only gives me the earlier version under the same name. Ok, I thought I'll just delete the earlier version and voilá, both save files gone!
    Hours and hours of excruciating work of placing those stubborn, ill-witted buildings and pieces in place one-by-one, gone! Oh yeah, autosave doesn't help either because it is from even earlier stage.
    How can a game that is so good in so many areas, completely suck at the simplest things that should be in first order when developing?

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep. I just can't belive some games even fail at saving files, which is probably the most basic thing you could expect from a piece of software. Did you tried renaming the save.sav.old file?