1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Ok, so I lost my saved game...

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Lily, May 24, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Vagabond

Turns out I had accidentally named two save files under the same. In which twisted reality does this even get allowed in a game? So I see the city as I left it in the preview picture but trying to load it only gives me the earlier version under the same name. Ok, I thought I'll just delete the earlier version and voilá, both save files gone!
    Hours and hours of excruciating work of placing those stubborn, ill-witted buildings and pieces in place one-by-one, gone! Oh yeah, autosave doesn't help either because it is from even earlier stage.
    How can a game that is so good in so many areas, completely suck at the simplest things that should be in first order when developing?

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep. I just can't belive some games even fail at saving files, which is probably the most basic thing you could expect from a piece of software. Did you tried renaming the save.sav.old file?