1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Osato

The Rise Of A City

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan submitted a new resource:

Osato - The Rise Of A City

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Time to enter the Edzo challenge now that you have some unexpected freetime ;)
    And don't say you don't like the map, because everyone else loves it, so that would be a cheap excuse :p

Inan likes this.
  3. Inan

Inan Governor

Edzo map looks fantastic! Nice work by skullz one more time! But first i wanna try to complete at least Osatos' main city, especially that empty area in the middle and on the right.That ANNOYS me and i can't leave this city behind in that intolerable condition. Well, just today i was able to load it on low settings. It causes eyepain, but at least it works...

4. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan updated Osato with a new update entry:

Parks and Recreation

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. secpol

secpol Governor

I really liked your city, but you need more fresh air for residents)

6. Inan

Inan Governor

Osato should intentionally look like a concrete, dense metropolis that has risen fastly during the last decades due to an industrial boom. Living space is tight and expensive. Such dense cities like this are imo Seoul, Tokio or several american cities. I actually planned to add some bigger green recreation areas somewhere more outside. Forests, Camping grounds and greeneries alond the shore of the lake for example. Unfortunately this won't happen, the city can't get finished. I think, maybe you are rather a fan of my cities Porto Nuevo or South Point. If you wanna take a look, click the link below in my signature. Thanks for the comment! :)

secpol likes this.
  7. secpol

secpol Governor

Thanks!

8. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Could you tell me where to find the maritime terminal building, and that part used in the main rail station?
    I cannot find it anywhere!

Inan likes this.
  9. kipate

kipate Governor

10. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Thanks a lot!! I have never look for resources inside Cities XXL (2015) folder, didn't think there could be anything for previous versions...o_O;)

Inan likes this.
  11. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks @kipate for helping @fanattiq. I thought @fanattiq was just wondering ("anxious") about the use of those airport terminal buildings by fayeddd. lol :)

12. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Yes, that's!! In a few days, I hope to post the city where I used it, but not inthe airport... Hope my next City Journal were better than my previous ones.

13. fanattiq

fanattiq Executive

Unfortunatelly for me, this will be postponed without date. I have an error for which I cannot play any more. I have search it in forums, and seems to be a graphic cad question... I have tried everything yet. I resign. The bigger is the city the fastest the error happens.
    [...]number expected, got string) stack traceback: [C]: in function 'max' [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievement.lua"]:251: in function 'Update' [string "data\design\script\tutorial\achievementsmgr..."]:174: in function 'Update' [string "AchievementsMgr:Update()"]:1: in main chunk)
    SCRIPT csScriptFunction.cpp ( 164) ErrorBuild csScriptFunction::Call Lua exception in : AchievementsMgr:Update()

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey Inan, finally time to review your new masterpiece :) :sneaky:

So, let's start with the things I dislike:
    - as already mentioned, I am not a fan of these short ramps for the highway exits and interchanges; that simply does not look realisitic. Also, the ramps do look a bit edgy to me, a bit carelessly placed, at least that's the impression I got.

- these megastructures feel a bit out of place, to be honest. I am not sure how a city can afford the maintaining costs for a cruise terminal that has such a size; even the busiest cruise terminals do not have a passenger number comparable to large airports, and I can't imagine this to be different in a somewhat fictional world ;)

- I am not so sure about the monorail running through all the residential districts of the city, I would have wished for a better separation there.

But there is a lot that I like, that I really love about the city:
    - those parks look superb! Splendid idea to use the steel arch to create pedestrian bridges in the park (y) Also, the Wiseman Park surely offers a nice walk and some nice sights, it must be crowded at the weekends :)

- you really mastered building esplanades along the coast; all the hotspots there will never make it boring to take a walk there!

- the skyline is dense, but it looks just great! Wise combination of skyscrapers, they blend well together (y)

- all the custom-made buildings make it look like there is no repetition, it must have taken a while to build these, I guess? Anyways, it's looking lovely :)

- the harbour complex looks overly realistic, one of my favourites and I would say it is even better than your previous harbours (maybe at ties with the one in New Hastings) :p

15. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you for the detailed review. At least a few amount of users are looking at CJs and leave some words...
    Maybe some of the ramps are a bit steep, but all in all they are long and smooth. I have to admit though, the game annoyed me with the terrain regarding highway ramps.

For a city of that density the number of megastructures is adequate. The Tokio Tower has been replaced by the Shanghai Pearle meanwhile. It can be seen on some of the newer pics. The cruise terminal looks a bit too large at that location, i wish i was able to move it somewhere else. But i think regarding the size, we have also to consider other usages of the building: terminal, shopping center, malls, restaurants, event location, congresses, fairs, and other events like that.

I don't know if in reality monorails and elevated trains are running through residential areas. I think they do, so i did not take care about that. But i agree... i prefer residential areas to live in without noisy stuff close to them :)

Thanks for the praise for the parks. My personal favourite is the Red Fountain park, it was hard to create and took a long time. Wiseman Park should be bigger, but it is ok. Usually i planned a huge green recreation area with camping zones at the lake, but unfortunately i can't finish the city.

I especially like the idea with that fountain as promenade :D Thanks.

Yeah, the skyline turned out great, i am a bit proud :rolleyes: This is the most Tokio-like area in Osato.

The Marina and the opera house took the most time, but it was worth it. :)

kipate likes this.
  16. Inan

Inan Governor

17. kipate

kipate Governor

Good job with the ferris wheel. I love the surrounding area, well designed@

Inan likes this.
  18. Inan

Inan Governor

kipate likes this.
  19. Inan

Inan Governor