1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated thread of AC map

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Dreian, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

It would look unrealistic when city is located in far north and it is built as a tropical city full of palms or kind of mediterranean cities too...

2. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, long time we did not updated this thread. We are still alive.

I finally managed to understand how to generate relief in Fractal Terrains 3, and now we can go faster with the release of the map.

I share you two pics to present you 2 different kind of views the program offers.

1st one is done through a "Gaia" shader. Seems (according to developper citate) that It's not completely representative of climate or temperatures nor vegetation, in the software it's explained to be just a "nice view". So consider it more as eye candy

Please comment more on the second one (relief). I tried to keep the major part of relief i was drawing by hand, but at this point the relief is roughly designed... there is a lot to update still, but it goes in the good direction.

Keep in mind that we will reviewing the size of some countries (due to natural relief), some changes in shape of continents can also be proceed... i actually want to change a bit the position of some of the continents cause for example the right one is melting with arctic continent when looked at in a globe mode. So your comments & requests for making this a greater map are welcome!

If you have Google Earth installed, you can use this .kmz file to check how AC would look like from space! (just download the dropbox file, & then open it in Google Earth).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts1oqjt7xmiib93/estest.kmz?dl=0

11076725_10153839056022818_2065377452466208563_o.jpg

11143091_10153839056042818_7015619821781072077_o.jpg

Pamascus27 likes this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Looks awesome!
    I will give you a detailed reply with wishes for the little
    changes I would want soon...
    In general, I would suggest some more mountains/hills
    on the islands..

4. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Looking great so far Dreian!
    I have lots of 'proposals' to make the world map more 'realistic' but I'm going to start with this:

On the middle continent, below the gigantic mountain range, can you make that pointy land
    extruding more towards the sea, for example like India. That way, we can have a good reason
    why that mountain range exists.;)

I got one more suggestion I wanna talk about now, but I will talk about it once you considered my
    suggestion so as not to pressure you. :p

5. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Guys as we have faced some problems with the hand drawn map of AC we come to the conclusion that it's better to use an Auto generated map of the software some of us are playing wit

This thread is from now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.