1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Platinum Crash

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kimopolis, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Hello everybody,

First of all I would like to apologise for my english.
    Second, I would like to find the reason why my steam platinum cxl crashed yesterday. Obviously, this is not the first time that game crashes, and I solved in the past, but now i don't know how to fix it. Platinum crashes on every map and I can not build anymore. I tried to backup and reinstall but the problem. I post here the log (it's my first time posting a log) so I hope you can understand my post. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Does it happens even when you try to start a new city? If so, make a backup of your saved cities, then uninstall the game and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive and delete all its contents (remember to backup your cities first). Install the game again and check if it works starting a new city. Then you can try adding your backed up cities.

When you uninstall the game the contents of that folder are not deleted, so if there is a file corrupted there it wont get fixed by reinstalling the game unless you manually delete it.

Good luck!

Kimopolis likes this.
  3. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Thank you very much Monty. Which folder do I to backup? All the folders inside C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive? or only the one that contains my saved cities?
    I am sorry but i am not familyarized with sys moves but yes with building cities ;)

4. Monty

Monty Governor

The folder containing your saved games, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2012\live\offline\solo

Kimopolis likes this.
  5. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Thank you, i've done what you told and i can't load my cities, so i can start a new one. Maybe i made something wrong... i am sorry

6. Monty

Monty Governor

Have you installed the UIM Mod again? Maybe that's why you can start a new city but not load your old ones. Also make sure all your mods are still in place.

7. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Why can't I load my city with all map resources activated??? I am having many problems with platinum that i never had before. I've reinstall the game many times, the last one, I've lost my city and that map it is not available anymore. What can I do?? The UIM and most mods are working fine... but i am having too much troubles and I don't know how to fix it.

8. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Monty, gracias por todo no me había dado cuenta que hablas castellano. Ya está solucionado. Muchas gracias por todo y perdona mi inglés i mi pesadez jajaja.