1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Plaza\Texture ??'s

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by ronrn, Jul 6, 2015.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

-HCB_Airport_asphalt_Square_by_joues_v1.0-
    This particular plaza by does not overlap(cover up) the "joues" airport taxiway components like all other textures seem to do.
    I'm guessing that there's something specific written into the .patch file to prevent this overlaping issue.

For this reason:
    Can I just 'borrow' other texture .png & .dds files and relevent file names to replace certain lines and files in the .patch file of "HCB_Airport_asphalt_Square_by_joues_v1.0" to create more plazas(ground textures) like grass and concrete for example.
    Or, must plazas be crated/modified from scratch, including the use of 3ds max and other apps.

And, of course, I don't want to break any rules or infringe on anyone else's works. I just want to enhance the appearance of my airports.

heads up...my mod creation skills are non existant...so far. I have managed to unpak/pak stuff and view the files in notepad++.

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you need to change class and layoutfiles as well as their names itself
    dont ask me which parameters, i never did plazas.. maybe @skullz613 or @nicko2u can help you there
    but most of them are self explaining
    no need for 3ds max, you just need notepad++ and maybe paint.net/ps/gimp or sth
    and i can just guess, but i think its ok to release a modified mod in projects thread since you cant ask joues for permission anymore.. to be sure maybe ask an moderator
    edit: you can of course use other mods as a template as long as "main/most work" has been made by you

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Success,
    just made new copies of the class, layout, localization(en), and the interface icon files. Used notepad++ to change just one # in the appropriate new file names(example: Airport_asphalt_Square_"01" to "02") in the appropriate lines of code and replaced the gfx_.png file with different 512x512 texture. Changed the "descriptions" in the new en file so the new interface icon shows an accurate item description.

Made my own seamless png texture from a close-up screen shot of the default ground.
    Only a slight tiling thing happening on the last 2 zoom out views, nothing to really complain about.
    Now I can cover up the flattened ground rock textures without covering up the airport taxiway components.
    Naturally, for my own use w/no intent to distribute.

Thanks for the tips Mr.X.