1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Ploppable Cars/Vehicles

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by KingOfWombats, Sep 8, 2015.

1. KingOfWombats

KingOfWombats Skilled Worker

Hello everybody.

Can someone make a mod with ploppable cars or vehicles? It would be a nice decoration.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

3. KingOfWombats

Thank you, i will download this mod soon!

But it would also be good if someone can make a mod with ploppable oldtimer-cars, because I plan to build a 1940s/1950s styled city. I already tried to make such a mod by my own, but i couldn't create a car in 3ds max. I also tried to import some already finished cars into 3ds max and textured it by my own, but after importing it into cities xl as a building, the cars were way too small, although i scaled it right in 3ds max.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

set 1 unit = 1 centimeters, reset x-form, rescale and reset x-form again ;)

5. KingOfWombats

Thanks for the advice, it really worked! (y)

Now i can make the mod by my own. I'm really thankful for the advice. :)

Mr.X² likes this.
  6. KingOfWombats

I have a last question, concerning 3ds max. I'm now working on a vehicle mod by my own, and my vehicle consists of different materials (windows, tires etc).But when i export the model into the cities XL viewer, only one part of the vehicle and it's material is visible, the other parts with different materials are not visible in the viewer. So, how can i make the parts of the vehicle visible, if they have differnet materials?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

unfortunately cxl does not support multi-material
    you need to create one diffuse map with all textures in it and apply it to your object

8. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

One more thing: LOD1 triangle count of cars should be lower than 2500. And LOD2 - 1000

9. KingOfWombats

Thanks everybody

As you can see in the ressources section, i already experimented a little bit in 3ds max an created my first vehicle. But now i wanted to make the second one and i got a problem.

After importing the second car into cities xl, the model from the first car got replaced with the model from the second car. The interface picture of the first car and the layout are the same, but only the model got replaced. So now, i have the second car twice... o_O

10. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

You probably used same names of models in 3ds max, if not, then in class file.