1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Project X²

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Mr.X², Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thanks for your nice suggestion gbojanic, but actually that would mean redoing two models + recreating 18 sgbin files.. so to be honest: i dont think i will do this at this point anymore :(

2. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

I wouldn't do that either :D:D It was just a thought, I like the bridge either way.

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Register or to view Spoiler content!

4. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

YES YES YES YES!!!
    I had no idea you would do it so quickly! Can't believe no one had done that before!
    I strongly suggest you publish it within the RHM thread or somewhere more visible, as this is a an extremely good patch!!!

5. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Wow! Great work Mr.!

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Inofficial RHM-Edit #3:

- allows you to build rhm on not-rhm-compatible maps
    + Previous edits:
    - rhm-bridges allow intersections with other bridges
    - custom and ingame road bridges are upgradable to rhm bridges

like always: give credits to original author (yeah i know pitty isnt active anymore :p ), remove other rhm-versions and use it on your own responsibility

dl: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5el5uqou35k3t1f/RHM2_mr.x2-edit-3.patch

snick, Costanza and Pepino like this.
  7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Elevated Tram/Rail Bridge - BETA:

finally i wanted to do an elevated tram/rail pack with a bridge&station. Unfortunately i had to recognize: thats just not possible.
    This god damn collision box cant be removed, so its not possible to build a nice system. Thats why im abandoning this project (at least for now). Any hints on how to solve this problem will be much appreciated :)
    In the meanwhile ill provide this Beta-Bridge for you, so you can do some testing and stuff if you like to.
    You need to install my BigBridgePack first or add the tag "StyleMrX23" to your tags.cfg manually, otherwise your game will crash on startup. For now its only for XL12/Platinum due to missing nexl-trams for xxl. (Well, of course you can test it with xxl if you want: cm 2.0 or higher is required...)
    DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0g21g5gnpnonmy0/XLN_Mr.X2_ElevatedTramBridge_V0.5-Beta.patch
    As usual: Feedback is much appreciated :)
    Width of Bridge is 17m, so it should fit above a 15m road :)
    Pics:
    cxl_screenshot_testtoevs4u.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_testtoeyszc.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_testto6wswa.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_testtob9s2f.jpg

kipate likes this.
  8. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

9. vallamir

vallamir Elite

impressive !!

10. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Suggestion: set the automatic height (I guess it's the min height as well) higher than the lamps so that they don't grow through the pavement from the street below..

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, but it looks weird if its too high... anyway, i abandoned this project since im not able to remove collision box
    maybe ill give it another go when a rail is available for cxl.....
    might be the case that collision box of roads need also to be removed, thats why...

12. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

sorry to hear that, not thtat I would use this one :)-P) but I can imagine the frustration...
    any gossips on the rail, btw?

13. Trolca

Trolca Executive

You can easily lower the light poles in the layout files or replace them with shorter ones.

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

but that would mean to edit road files, and people would need to use those special roads then ;)

15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Tutorial suggestions

Hello folks,
    i decided to create a 6th part of the lets-start-3d-modeling tutorial with some more (little advanced) tips and cxxl-compatibility.
    so far this will cover
    1. cxxl-compatibility
    2. creating and planning 2nd uv channel (for lightmaps and illumination)
    3. vertex-welding in editable-poly mode
    4. More tips for texturing-process (like some options in uv-editor; back-front mapping and stuff like that)
    5. 3ds-max shortcuts (adding custom buttons)
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?

so id like to ask you if anyone got a suggestion or wish or whatever i should explain in this tut as well :)

but please keep in mind that this is a beginner tutorial, so no difficult stuff please ;)

16. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Maybe lod1 to lod4, I know there are two tutorials of it, but when I followed them a result was weird.
    And also I would like to know how can I added a custom furniture for buildings?

17. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

wouh, lod1 to lod4 (detailed) would take an entire tutorial and i usually dont go this way, so im bad at it :p
    in short its just the other way round.. (starting with creating a very detailed model and then deleting faces and welding vertex)
    btw. may i ask why you want to go this way?

about custom furniture we already have a good tutorial: hm.. ok i just notice its not up here.. @nicko2u maybe can re-post it
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

18. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

I'd like a LOD1 to LOD4 Projection modifier tuto (how to bake a LOD4 map without having to unwrap l4...if it's possible). Monty's video is too fast for my eyes, even in slow mo. :LOL: I find handwritten tutos easier to go back and forth.

19. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Ok. Thank u. I 'll ask him. I tried go that way, but results didn't satisfy me. Anyway I'd like to know a way faster then making a dif and other map for lid 4 and unwarap lod4 again

20. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor