1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about saved game

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by torrasque, Jul 19, 2017.

1. torrasque

torrasque Vagabond

Hello everyone,

I've played Cities XL Platinum for years, and really enjoy it. Thanks for the contributions from all of you!!!

Here I have 2 questions,

I have 5 cities on the planet, they take up about 8GB, two major ones with about 5M population each, two supply ones for food and heavy/manufacture, and one resort island.
    I find that the size of 5 cities varies from 190MB to 3.88GB. One of the major ones took up 3.88GB despite it has nearly the same population and city structure as the other one(which took up 1.48GB).

1. So is there anyway I can reduce the saved file size like delete some redundant files?
    2. Which factor does the saved file size of a city depend on? The time you totally played on the city OR the city itself(like road length, population, buildings, etc.) OR other factors that I don't know?

Thanks guys, pls help me!

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure about the reducing part yet.
    Have noticed that the longer you work on a city, there are more checkpoints. I remember having problems with a saved city last year and removed some checkpoints due to corrupt files and as long as the latest was there, the city still loaded. Have never looked into the checkpoints that much so unsure what other game data is saved with them.