1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution 2.0

Renewed and expanded default road set + 4 new road sets for default, france, german, american roads

1. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro submitted a new resource:

R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution - Renewed and expanded default road set + 4 new road sets

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Splendid Work (y)
    What a pity that it is available for default roads only so far.
    One question, though: will it be possible for you to create a patch file of the European Road Signs that you used?

3. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Hello admin,
    I noticed that my mod is not visible under Cities XXL (2015)\transportation menu
    but strangely it is under Cities XXL (2015)\Buildings menu

I didn't create for US because european street sign are like a fish out of water on americans roads :p
    (also drazic did an awesome work for this set)
    I didn't create for UK because they are going out from UE ...:LOL:
    I didnt create for FR and DEU because...ehm... here no excuses...I was lazy :whistle:

To tell the truth, my scope was just to renew the default roads, because they seems to be the poorest ones.
    That's why I even never tested any of them on other road set.

About Euro street sign, XLnation staff is allowed to put them into the dependencies mod, so everyone can use them.

All modders are allowed to recycle R.E.R. class and layout files for their own road mods
    Infact R.E.R. Layout road files have been reordered and rewritten more readable in "linear" parts.
    Many strange cryptic numers have been changed with simpler ones too.

4. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Perhaps it could be not too much difficult to add optional roads (historical, country, derelict) to france and german road sets.
    This evening, at home, I will write a bit of code and try some test.

kipate likes this.
  5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

vampire,
    Looks like some nice work, great that you did premade roundabouts as trying to do them freehand just never cut the mustard. Hopefully each connecting road to a roundabout doesn't create an intersection, that really was the biggest problem doing them freehand as that really slowed down traffic.

6. vampiro

vampiro Executive

*** IMPORTANT COMUNICATION ***

There is a BUG, but i know how to solve it.
    I discovered that the national road sets layout files has references on empty.layout files in default roads.

Just one example:
    in france set the r_road_40x15_fr.layout file has reference to the r_road_40x15_empty.layout file into default pack instead of pointing to his proper pack file (r_road_40x15_fr_empty.layout).

Because I edited all default files, visualization bugs has been created in the other national road packs.

So, I need to rename all xxx_empty.layout files for all RER default roads.

Soon as possible a new RER release will be deployed. It also will contain RER optional road sets for german and france pack.

U will be able to change old release with the new without the necessity of removing already deployed RER roads.

Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

kipate likes this.
  7. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro updated R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution with a new update entry:

R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

ok I add to those that require the R.E.R. even for American roads:p:p

kipate likes this.
  9. wjlsr

wjlsr Unskilled Worker

I'm asking this again...after the main file does one use all other files at once or only one other file at a tyme ??? TNX

10. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Put the mandatory file zzz_vampiro_road_euro_revolution_base_pack_v1.1 in ur pack folder.

zzz_vampiro_road_euro_revolution_country_pack_v1.1
    zzz_vampiro_road_euro_revolution_derelict_pack_v1.1
    zzz_vampiro_road_euro_revolution_historical_pack_v1.1

are the optional files and can be added later as u like

So, in ur pack folder, u can later add
    1) none of the optional files
    2) or just one
    3) or just two
    4) or all three​

I hope, I satisfied ur question

11. kipate

kipate Governor

I just tried your roads and they look fantastic! BUT: they cannot be placed over water anymore, and also every other road cannot be placed over water :(

12. vampiro

vampiro Executive

I think I found the problem, it is a global parameter that flats individual parameters in class files.
    So, I also think that I need to produce a new release soon, making someone happy too...adding optional roads to american pack:D

sweden8398 likes this.
  13. vampiro

vampiro Executive

vampiro updated R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution with a new update entry:

version 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. wjlsr

wjlsr Unskilled Worker

Tnx for the reply...I will enjoy this very much.

15. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi vampiro. Wonderfull mod. What a lot of work it should have been. And the addition of plazas and pedpaths are fantastic.

2 notes if i may:

1 - You didn't include on road parking mod, which is a shame because those roads with cars give a very realistic feel. The sidewalks become a bright white (too bright).

2 - Do you have any idea how to isolate a road mod from the game files. I mean: there are some roads (like seawalls or farm road from alex) that live by their own. I would really like to keep spanish freeking roads available. I know you have included the best two of them, but i still miss the sidewalks.

Since both yours and monty mods are based on defaul game roads, they are not compatible. Maybe i am asking toi much, but yes, i would like to have the best of two worlds.

And since you've been working so hard on raods maybe you have an idea how to make Montys mod not target default roads and work like those otherv road mods that live by their own. Is there any setting in class files that can be changed in order to achieve this? Or does it imply using 3ds max?

16. Monty

Monty Governor

The problem between my roads and any other mod based on default roads is that mine have custom sgbin files that have the same names as the original ones. so as long as you have my mod in your mods folder those 3d models are going to be replaced with mine. It would take renaming all the files and 3d models in max and re-export them,and then modify all the files that reference them. It's a hell of a task since there are over 100 road pieces and over 200 layout files in that mod. :(

kipate likes this.
  17. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Monty. i was under the impression this would not be easy. I could help with the layout files (if this layout files are the ones included in the final patch, similar to class files). Maybe use the find and replace feature in notepad ++. Targeting a folder changes all the text in the different files in that folder (for example class files). As long as the replacements are the same for each file it is possible to target the folder and change all without having to open each one.

I have been playing with freakin roads and altough you said the mod wasn't finished, i find them really amazing and had no problems so far. Vampiro's mod is also amazing, especially since it includes some very nice plazas and pedpaths. And the historical set can really be usefull for old european cities.

Anyway, this was a wild shot. I guess i'll have to live with it. But if i can help with something please let me know.

18. vampiro

vampiro Executive

X Luis Diogo

1) In project discussion, I answered that parking road could be included in future RER release.
    But not all parking roads could be included.
    Update menu would going to explode if I include for all 5 sets trees/notrees/palm/pay/notpay/dense/sparse parking roads.

2) I wanted very much to use Monty sgbin pavements for RER, and infact I started to copy his pavement sgbin into RER.
    But I was disappointed when I discovered that these pavements has part of them at the ground level and so They match baddly crossing the other optional roads.
    ...An alternative solution could be to repaint RER sgbin (the sixth pavement when u uncompress sgbin files) with the Monty textures.
    SGBIN for default roads are in the mandatory patch and contain in their name the word PAVEMEXX

19. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi there Vampiro. I was trying patch 1.2 and it seems crossing problems if you have spanish roads also loaded are gone. So i guess there's a chance to keep both mods. In fact, spanish roads take care of On parking road mod and even get you some roads with the sidewalks from Monty!! And yours place a white sidewalk on the smaller ones. So i guess it's now more options for us.

I'm having no troubles so far. Both mods are amazing and somehow it seems they are compatible to some point. Which is more than enough for me. Maybe some people can try as well ans give some feedback.

Just another small thing: it seems custom pedpaths are placing a lot of duplicates in the menu, at least for me. Does it happen to everyone?

And please don't get me wrong. I'm saying this things because we all want the best mod possible. But i am truly appreciative of all this incredible work.

20. vampiro

vampiro Executive

I still have problem crossing pharmist roads with freaking roads.

I don't have pedpath duplications, by the way, their numbers are so...
    10meters pedpaths are 7 (3 with trees, 4 without)
    5meters pedpaths are 4.
    What do u see as duplications?