1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Rage Quit

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Inan, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Canal City is gone, just after three hours of playing... It is still in the folder, but it is nowhere in the game due to a weird issue of map slots. The game messed up maps and cities, don't know what happened. Cities are on other maps i didn't build on...Tried everything, even deleted every other city and custom-made map out of the paks folder exept for Canal City...still the same problem. I decided to quit on CXL, don't want to annoy myself anymore with that bugged crap. No more content by me will be added (Exept for last Osato updates, pictures already there). Thanks nevertheless for your votes on my poll.

Beside this, i noticed real life is getting more and more important and serious to me, so time to quit on CXL has come anyway. Thanks folks for your interest and feedback! I love this site, so i will still take a look from time to time.

CU

selodinger and skullz613 like this.
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

That's one heck of a weird bug. Had map slots run out but never had cities on different maps. The problem most likely is in the Cities XL 2012 folder under appdata. I normally rename the folder temporarily and restart the game so it builds a new one. If all is good then I go back to the Cities XL 2012 folder and narrow down what caused the issue.
    I've used The Green Hills as a base map for quite a few custom maps as it's one of the best for flatter maps. If you have other cities using this map or other custom maps based on it, the map slots for The Green Hills will get used up.
    Try starting the game with the Cities XL 2012 renamed first as a new one will get made and the game should function as it did when first installed.

Inan likes this.
  3. CraCkeR JaCk

CraCkeR JaCk Elite

:cry:I feel your pain Inan, You have to be one of my favorite city builders, your style of building will be missed by me as well as others. You take care and I'm sure we will see you around the nation from time to time:toast:

Inan and kipate like this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe give XXL a chance ;)

Well, you will get over it :)

Take your time, and then come back when you can't wait anymore to use some new mods (there are some mods on the edge) :D

It's a game, after all, and it has always been frustrating, so don't try to tell us that you have never had a masochistic side of yours :p

Inan, selodinger and BahadirB like this.
  5. MilkyMiloNZ

MilkyMiloNZ Skilled Worker

If Cities XXL didn't black screen at least a couple times a week on me it'd be the best game ever and I'd probably play it waay more and not need to take the odd rage-induced hiatus from it. I feel your pain.

Inan likes this.
  6. Inan

Inan Governor

Okay... After a while i cooled down a bit and i give it another try. I added some older cities and custom maps to the game and restarted completely from the beginning. Don't know why it is working now, but the city is still there, so far it is working fine. When started, the game is still fun, and one like to see the own creation growing, isn't it? :)

Nonetheless i have a new problem i never had before... The graphics of the buildings is poor, when zooming in. Really poor. Also, it starts lagging as hell already at this very early point of progress. I turned off my firewall, the graphic-settings are on its highest... Any ideas?

7. kipate

kipate Governor

Have you cleared the shader cache?

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was going to say what Kipate said, shadercache clearing time. I made a new exe file based on Autoit not to long ago which fixes some issues that the previous exe files caused.
    Tutorial - Delete CXL Shadercache Plus

9. MilkyMiloNZ

I take it this shader cache cleanout isn't an issue for XXL?

10. kipate

kipate Governor

It is an issue for XXL as well ;)

11. MilkyMiloNZ

well gosh darnit

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have not done it since I started using XXL. Even from beta testing stage

ronrn likes this.
  13. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks for the responses...i wonder why i didn't receive an alert for this...
    whatever... Yes i deleted shader cache as always. I made a shortcut to the desktop so i never forget. I also never had this problem before... I doubt it is a map problem, i think i has something to do with the fact i lowered settings when playing Osato at the end. Even i set the settings on maximum again, the game has a problem to recognize that. Could that be? And how to solve that? :-/