1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Rail, Metro/subway, Trams, Buses And Transport In General

Discussion in 'General Forums' started by Rene, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Rene

Rene Executive

Rail, metro/subway, trams, buses and transport in general, this is something that we know is coming with release of Skylines, but not much else is known.

Announced is that release will have:

1. Rail
    2. Metro
    3. Buses

What kind of systems there are - we don't know. But I guess details should soon emerge.

I the meant time, what do player want from Skylines in these (Rail, metro/subway, trams, buses and transport ) features?

What else would be cool for Skylines? How about Taxi?

Indras likes this.
  2. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think those 3 are actually enough for the start.

Trams are nice but not really necessary. Taxis are a bit difficult to implement. Watertaxis are interesting, but not really relevant

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yep those 3 are enough for the start
    but i wish more options will be added later, and if its possible to mod i guess it wont take too long :)
    trams should be quite easy then (i expect), "just" modified bus network

4. Rene

Rene Executive

I agree both of you, but I'd also like ferries for the launch :)

5. Rene

Rene Executive

Hmm.

Public transit and transit in general are vital for the modding community.

The more different transit methods there are done by Colossal Order the more of them the modding ppl can copy change, reskin and release as a whole another type of transit type.

6. abdo

abdo Guest

hey i got in my harbor in the city trams instead of buses any one can help with that?

7. Rene

Rene Executive

You have downloaded a tram asset which in the game shows up as tram, as someone has made few trams (as bus assets). With mods:
    IPT - Improved Public Transport -mod one can control which vehicles are selected for any given line
    AVO - Advanced Vehicle Control -mod one is able to change capacities, speeds and spawning of vehicles (remember to have at least one vehicle per category)