1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic Highway Mod (rhm2) 2.00

Highway Mod Puzzle Pieces

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

Realistic Highway Mod (RHM2) - Highway Mod Puzzle Pieces

Read more about this resource...

2. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Guest

Does it also work in CXL 2011?

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

According to author's notes that answer is NO

4. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Guest

Well I just tested the "On road parking mod", which also states it doesnt work with cities xl 2011, and it works perfectly fine. I´ll just test it I guess

5. pimpao

pimpao Vagabond

Hello. My Cities XL Platinum doesnt work with this mod. My cities is from steam, can anyone help me?

6. curtley

curtley Vagabond

use this mod along with it. http://xlnation.net/resources/xl-user-interface-mod.8/
    i had the same problem. seems to work fine. when installing this mod, make sure you have the add 500 items to menu selected.

Landstander likes this.
  7. Landstander

Landstander Vagabond

Anyone know some good guides to road connections/connecting to regular highways?

8. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Guest

I tested it and it works perfectly fine with CXL 2011

9. anno

anno Vagabond

Hi community,

first of all I want to say thank u guys spending so much time modding and supporting the game and the community! two thumbs up (would raise more if i had more)!
    The RHM is a MUST! And this I can say just by reading the description and look the screenshots.
    I personally haven`t used it yet! Why? Its simple! Cant get it up and running with my cities XL platinum from STEAM! :( :( :(

What i did:
    - Install the game of course.
    - Installed the XL User Interface mod 1.79.9 which is working (i check it by having the all ressource mode icon on the planet view)
    - Installed The RHM to \Steam\Steamapps\common\citiesxl\pak folder
    - checked if the files ar copies correctly

My Problem is that ingame the Highway icons do not apear when i open the streets menu?
    When i open the menu i only have the normal roads. I have to say that i never bulid a city before and its my first one. But I directly wanna start WITH the mod.
    What I also recognized is that from the first lvl of the streets menu only the first two streettypes are available(paths and streets,). the third on is greyed out! guess its the normal highway button but I´m not sure cause it dont say nothing with a popup or sth like that.

Would be so grateful if somebody can advise! I´m so in love with the mod that I´m affrafif it pisses me so much off not having it that I dont even start playing the game without it after seeing whats possible with the mod :(

Cheers

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  10. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

You might need some population to unlock the mod. Try choosing expert mode in options.
    Also, be aware you need to play with UIM's buttons (choosing bridges, connectors, etc) for certain parts to show. They are not all in the basic roads/highway menu.

11. wawaah

wawaah Vagabond

you can use this one: it's the second option in the connectors tab
    you can use it to connect normal highways to 3 lanes RHM highways
    it's pretty basic and the connector will snap to either one of the highways, or you can place the connector first and then connect the highways

i hope this is helpful ... enjoy
    gamescreen0001.jpg

12. anno

anno Vagabond

Hi,

first of all thanks for ur advise!
    I solved the prob by activating the expertoptions in the ingamemenu.
    So it was a config thing. The mod was up and running! ;)

Cheers

13. stahos21

stahos21 Vagabond

Hey guys...First of all thanks to XLNATION for his beautifull job.Here's my problem...I try to install RHM.I do the ENTPACKEN thing to the /packs folder...I try to find the RHM icons in the game but nothing.I just have the old...with an UIM 179.9 look.I tried everything(full unlock,expert mode.....)but nothing...Any Idea?Thanks in advance..

14. john19687

john19687 Vagabond

using Cities XL Platinum, on windows 7...mod not working..please help

15. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

What you mean "the old". Are you talking about the normal ingame highway?
    You can always extract to somewhere else, then create a Mods folder within your paks folder (which is the best way to separate original from mod files) and then create subfolders. I've got mine under RHM and it works fine. You're probably doing something wrong when extracting.

I use Platinum and W7 and it works perfectly. Must be something else. Have you tried ticking expert mode?

16. john19687

john19687 Vagabond

after installing the rhm2 mod and the xl-user-interface-mod.8/
    my cities platinum will not even load..

17. john19687

john19687 Vagabond

my game will not start after installing the RHM and the UIM...now what?

18. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

well you claim to have installed UIM 8...
    I don't think there's such a thing. Last time i checked 79.9 was the current version.

19. Vashkar

Vashkar Vagabond

Asus I-7
    Windows 8
    Cities XL 2012
    XL-Nation_UserInterfaceMod_v1.79.9
    RHM2.exe

No previous mods used so no residue or clashes with older.

Installation without problems, game functions as it should. Interface is changed but no buttons appear in the menu to use the RHM2 addiotional highway functions. Only the game's standard highway abilities appear.
    It is as if the mod never was installed.

Tried:
    Rebooting game - 1m-pop city - starting new map and raising to 500k pop to get highwayfunctions - check/uncheck all recources button on planetview.

Hope this info helps a bit for future reference.
    Shit happens but thanks for the effort making a distinct addition to this game.

20. stahos21

stahos21 Vagabond