1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic Railway 1.0

Replaces original railway in game.

1. secpol

secpol Governor

2. Steven H. Endermann

Can roadways cross these railways?

3. secpol

secpol Governor

4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Can we connect these railways to the map edge without them crashing the game the way the older railways do? I really would love to be able to make railways in my cities and use some of the railroad mods to make my cities look more diverse. It sure would be cool if we could connect actual railways to map edges and have them show up as rail intercity connections.

Looking forward to making a Russian style city with your many Russian/Soviet building mods.

5. secpol

secpol Governor

I dont know.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  6. ronrn

ronrn Governor

As far as I know, this is the only way to "build a connection" with the railroad (mod road).
    It still counts as a "freight" resource. In fact, I think the bigger the road the more freight points.
    rail conection.jpg

OmniusPrime likes this.
  7. secpol

secpol Governor

Connector?

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  9. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Yes I'm thinking the bigger the road, like an Expressway, the higher the freight and passenger resource listed under roads. It would be so awesome if we could connect the railway directly to the map edge and have it count as a Railway freight and passenger resource.

10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

secpol,
    I don't think we need a separate "connector" for the railway to the map edge, just the ability to connect the railway directly to the map edge without it crashing the game. Plus it would be so awesome to see the railway map edge connection give us actual Railway freight and passenger resource listed in the Railway line of the transportation reports instead of having to use a road connection where it shows in the roads line.

11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

secpol,
    Ochen Xorosho! Looks beautiful but lacks real utility in the game. So many rail track mods with none of them connecting off map without crashing the game or having actual rail passenger stations or cargo terminals to connect to. Seems like much ado about nothing because we don't have any real rail buildings to run rail tracks to. It would be so cool if there were XXL versions of XL rail stuff like a passenger station I saw, probably stuff I didn't see. Plus rail bridges.

So many beautiful rail engines and cars with none of them rolling. No rail loading or unloading equipment either. It would be awesome if Monty could make an intercity rail passenger station like the cool bus ones he did except the rail stations would build to a road and have a rail connection and would be able to give rail passenger capacity without actually having to connect to the mapedge by rail.

I tried your Oil 1.0 mod from the XL section but couldn't get it to work for me in my oil city where I have oil fields to build on. It sure would be awesome to update that Oil 1.0 to Oil 2.0 for XXL! :D

12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I tried the mod with the other rail mods but when I tried laying rail line near the map edge, even with the rail crossing a road it just wasn't worth getting bounced out of the program so often. Plus the rail track wasn't that close to the purple area. If only the rail track could be made to connect off the map edge this would be awesome. It does look far better than the standard rail.