1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

RHM for urban road

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sweden8398, Sep 10, 2016.

1. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

was surprised that no one has thought about it until now, make available the RHM mod for urban roads and not only for the highway, allowing the hooks of the buildings and remove the guardrail.
    In this way they would have available for the city roads intersections and junctions in large cities that are not always simply to "X" or "T", but often are more complex such as this:

[​IMG]

with traffic islands and junctions that cross more than four roads and head in several directions (the roadway splits)

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Guessing you hot linked that imaged?
    20120630123618002_rotatoriaSanGiovanniAlNatisone.jpg

Jotape likes this.
  3. sweden8398

sweden8398 Executive

yes, it's just an example....if it is too, delete it...

4. solo

solo Executive

I tired using RHM for intersections in my city, it looked pretty bad, it would need to be changed quite a bit to work well

5. brendonwright1989

I find the RHM small road looks much more realistic for residential streets because there is no large pedestrian walkways on either side, though the guard rail is an issue and the intersections get a lot of additional unwanted rails/paths. I agree that a RHM style road would be fantastic due to the freedom of its use & ability to seamlessly create intricate road networks.

skullz613 likes this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I tried using them on a city I was building a while ago and I agree they do look much better. I now use Drazics new American roads that only have stop signs. They have lamps down them though which I find unrealistic in rural areas. He is working on another road at the moment which could help.
    He did mention in a post somewhere about reworking RHM. Fingers crossed he does his magic to it.

ObelicS and OmniBLACK like this.
  7. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

yep, this would be amazing to have. Whole new level of gameplay and creativity. But i guess its not so easy :oops: still, they said you will not have trains in CXL, and we have them sooo :p