1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL RHM2 Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thefriendlyarab, Feb 25, 2015.

1. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Hi guys! I've got the RHM2 (real highway mod 2) and was wondering if I could have some help!

When I use it, I am unsure on how to specify which direction each road is! In addition, I can't get citizens to use it! Any troubleshooting tips?

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Its a pretty simple diagram but it shows where you start and finish so you end up with different travel directions. Always start and finish a piece in the direction you want the traffic to flow
    rhm.jpg

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the traffic always flows in drawing direction ;)
    when they dont use it, it is 1. a connection problem or 2. you have a more efficient expressway to their travelling destination
    edit: seems like skullz was faster and is better in explaining^^

4. thefriendlyarab

Gotcha, see I've got a massive highway project, no one uses it! I don't know what the connector problem would be! Thanks anyways

5. thefriendlyarab

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398932900

Please see the above screenshot and look through the next two. I believe I have done the connections correctly, but it is saying there is no connection to city hall. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Think you might have a traffic flow issue. Check the flow of traffic on each piece. There is a way to test it with a bus stop.

7. thefriendlyarab

Not sure how to do that. I'll try the bus solution

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

did you use the correct ramp/intersection pieces? do they face in correct direction?

9. thefriendlyarab

Yes I did. I did the exit then entry...

10. garmar34

garmar34 Vagabond

You won't see any traffic on your highway unless you have a lot of residents with a reason to travel on it. Zone lots of residential areas near one end of your highway and industrial/commercial near the other, and the traffic should flow. Also double check that every single segment of your highways and exit ramps are in the right direction. You can test that by trying to create a bus route over all the highway paths.
    I usually build up my cities and connect areas using expressways, then replace them with RHM2 highways later when there is enough population to support them.

11. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

What they said. It looks like at least the on-ramp heading right in the first screenshot is rotated the wrong way, it's kinda hard to tell by these pictures though. Take a look at the chevrons or try the bus thing.