1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Roads free but Travel satisfaction terrible (and some other satisfaction things)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Orion Guardian, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Orion Guardian

Orion Guardian Vagabond

Ok, I got my city up and running smoothly. Primary High Tech and Offices, some Landmarks and a Metro System that connects every Part of the city, Lines at about 60% and none longer than perhaps 10 stops.

My Roads are mostly green, some a shade more yellow due to freight but no areas with anything close to slower traffic.

Nonetheless: Every citizen in my city has "Low Travel satisfaction", deep orange to red. Some of them don't even travel more than 4 Blocks (a block being 2x2 High Density whatever enclosed by roads) or one Metro station and are still red.

What am I doing wrong? Why is someone walking across the street to the Metro, getting off one station away and walking a few tiles unhappy with his Travel time?

I could understand people who had to travel all the way from one end of the city to the other (although thats only 12 stops as well) being less than happy. And those could switch jobs to the Office building across the street as well but probably don't, I have never seen one of my citizens "moving" or switching jobs as well.

Any thoughts?

PS: The tips per citizen group always says "big problem with road traffic" which is probably just refering to travel satisfaction without actually looking at the (free) roads but well....

PPS: Satisfaction is strange anyway, I don't get why someone living right next to a Fire station is unhappy with the Fire Department coverage. Either this is bugged or I just don't get it ^^

2. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

After trying all the fire stations the only one I found to satisfy the citizens was the multi services centers.
    I put one at the entrance to each neighborhood of about 400 buildings.
    I also noticed depending on how you start your city you can instead get the complaint about police stations.
    Same solution works. Must be a "bug" in the satisfaction calculator.

3. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Do not stress too much with the citizens satisfaction. The game does not focus too much on simulation as Sim City.

"Unhappy with travel time", you may receive this message because you have few unemployed citizen in that house.

About people, switching jobs, my theory is that the game is designed to close the buildings, with reasons like: Refusal to pay the MAFIA, do not mess with the cleaning lady, boss went to buy cigarettes and never came back ......, to hire people from other parts of the city when it reopens. So residents will always change jobs without realizing it.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The game can complain about travel unhappiness but it could be one small road out in the middle of nowhere causing the issue.

5. Orion Guardian

Orion Guardian Vagabond

That can't be the issue, because EVERY building in the city has low Travel time satisfaction. The unemployment is at a nice 1-2% buffer ;)

6. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

in the city I build now.
    Travel satisfaction. All the red building, if i click on them, have this message 'Employment satisfaction is low' cxl_screenshot_dara_38.jpg

Road status. Many green buildings have people walking longer distances to the workplace and going through more busy roads than red buildings. cxl_screenshot_dara_35.jpg

This text is from citiesxl wiki " The time it takes a citizen to reach his job, however, is a factor that also counts for job satisfaction and depends much more on your mayoral capabilities. The distance a worker travels, the means of transport he uses, the number of switches, the traffic he encounters all count towards his Travel Satisfaction (you could track this in the Layers>Transportation>Travel satisfaction). If a citizen becomes unsatisfied with travel time, he'll look to switch jobs into another, better served district, and he'll also become insatisfied with his current job."