1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Saturnia

A Cities Skylines city journal

1. nicknick

nicknick Governor

nicknick submitted a new resource:

Saturnia - A Cities Skylines city journal

Read more about this resource...

2. Inan

Inan Governor

I won't give a review, i don't play this game, so it wouldn't be fair. Nevertheless it looks very nice, there is more variety already as i thought, considering the game is only one month on market. Really good highway layout and airport. The buildings are repeating a bit. Are you able to place buildings manually by hand?

Nice work, i'm waiting for the update and other C:SL Journals :)

kipate likes this.
  3. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Thank you :)
    Variety does grow from day to day but someone has to definitely use add-ons. Vanilla version is definitely blant. Offered buildings are more day by day indeed.

Highways are a bliss to work with. Definitely more flexible game mechanics that allow curves, solve column positioning problems, snapping made easier and a lot other details. This is one of the most powerful elements of the game along the overall smooth game play. Lack of variety and blantness of original buildings is its somewhat weak point. Last one though is getting better day by day with a lot of add-on's.

Another issue, the graphics, is already heavily modified by addons that add flares, different lighting and at the end remove the need for a lot of post editing.

Photos you see have some editing on contrasts, a lot of work in depth of field, some color correction and glares added here and there.

It is possible to place buildings by hand but the huge majority of the buidlings you see except the super tall scyscrapers and some classical buildings are those spawning. This is where the repetitiveness of the buildings is stemming from.

All in all, in Cities Skylines, as in Cities XL, someone must rely heavily to add-ons offered but both enthusiastic communities. Games are different, offer a different experience and i like both. Guaranteed fun from both games and what the community offers.

4. Alfirdausi

Alfirdausi Skilled Worker

..and it actually has real trains running down the tracks! Appreciate if you could post some airport images and a youtube videos of the city in motion..thanks for the CJ man..great one.