1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Shanghai Tower Fix

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Uncle Chunkles, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Uncle Chunkles

Uncle Chunkles Skilled Worker

Hello everyone. The Shanghai Tower Resource has a bug or glitch in it that makes it so the building doesn't attach to roads. The building is really cool and I would love to put it in my city, but it needs to be fixed first. Is there anybody willing to fix this problem? It would be greatly appreciated. I would do it myself but I have no knowledge of how to work with code. Here is a link to the resource.
    http://xlnation.net/resources/shanghai-tower-japanese-texture-building.779/

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hmm, well i guess its a sccn mod, so you need to request it there or take a look for updates, i bet its a beta mod

3. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

If you unpack the mod and are willing to mess around with the layout file, you might be able to solve that problem yourself.

It doesn't take any real coding knowledge to edit layout/class files, although it would take a small bit of finesse and patience to edit the position of the plug (entity that determines where the road connection is).

4. vince_venezuela

vince_venezuela Vagabond

Simply add the following line to the class file : <MustConnectToRoad>0</MustConnectToRoad>
    the building will keep snaping to roads AND be fully functional.

the easiest way is to

1. open the .patch with Easy Mod XL http://xlnation.net/resources/easy-mod-xl.581/
    2. double click b_sh.class in the left panel
    3. locate the </EntityPosition> line (look a little below <EntityPosition> :) )
    4. add the line <MustConnectToRoad>0</MustConnectToRoad>
    5. go the menu File and select "convert to patch"
    6. save the .emp and overwrite the .patch
    7. exit EasyModXL, launch CXL
    and voilà, ready to plop