1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Show Us Your Rhm-interchanges

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by Mr.X², Oct 2, 2014.

1. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

2. TOJIAB

TOJIAB Unskilled Worker

Greetings,
    thanks for the hint, i'll going to try to rectify my entire Highway network :(:)

3. heonetsung

heonetsung Executive

G! You crazy genius builders! Someone get me off this damn road!:ROFLMAO:

4. megapiu

megapiu Vagabond

"Pepino, post: 20357, member: 2727"wow! looks really cool! a few more pics would be great"

It's a fair requested, therefore here it goes a few more pics! I'm a fan of circular cities and this kind of interchange works perfectly for my purposes

Attached Files:

Miguel, kipate and Pepino like this.
  5. city fiend

city fiend Elite

I think these are the best I seen on this new version of this thread so far....for me the hard part is making the interchanges look simple.

Like in real life the people building these do not want to make massive ones that use too much materials etc. that cost $$$. So well done for the simplicity.

Miguel likes this.
  6. city fiend

city fiend Elite

Lol, but it doesn't go anywhere....Nice looking but .

7. city fiend

city fiend Elite

Here's some new pictures I took from my CJ Stanthorpe, it's a mature city now and it is buggy to play because it's too much for CXL12 to handle.

My direction was to make an integrated system that doesn't take all the space from the city, it's there to serve the city not the city serve the freeways.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Miguel, gABE, kipate and 1 other person like this.
  8. city fiend

city fiend Elite

And a bit more...

CP1nrx1.jpg
    itBg0N2.jpg
    s1S63fl.jpg
    nVHHHNO.jpg
    nrHWywG.jpg
    7MaXS0y.jpg
    d1hlQ73.jpg
    JhDZdRa.jpg
    XNFNf10.jpg
    yPnWFHo.jpg
    zHY4vhJ.jpg

gABE, kipate, beroe and 2 others like this.
  9. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Well, it was supposed to be Taurus interchange, but it came out looking more like ovaries with the rest of the female reproductive system... :facepalm:

qcyCFp8.jpg

city fiend, kipate and Mr.X² like this.
  10. Kurtis Edwards

jh4PzH-ZeQ7zuF9RECUter0w7vCW_m2jdS4TMif_168=w532-h207-p-no.png
    Here's a quick shot of the city airport I am working on right now in XXL. It's kind of based off of airports I examine while looking at maps. It's got an upper and lower departure and arrival lane, with access to the central area from multiple entry points and a loop back for both levels... in case traffic control is breathing down your neck to move! There are ramps connecting the planned areas toward the top and right of the picture. Per the more persnickety viewers, there is not a single pylon over any road lanes, including the arrival and departure lanes. Currently testing ways to get plazas and greenery to look as natural as possible around RHM bridges. (very upset about the fact that plazas level-up/terraform to the bridges instead of under them. Grrr. lol...) Any ideas? Any suggestions on my airport development? Lemme know... I am not re-touching it until I am further along in the city.

kipate likes this.
  11. city fiend

city fiend Elite

I think this looks really good, will be better when it is developed as part of a city or something.

When I start a proper CXXL city I will spend a bit more time to make mine look better like this too. Mine are a bit lame lol.

12. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Thanks. I'm just not feeling it so I am looking at ways how to change the whole thing...
    I actually like most of your interchanges, they are quite well-thought. I would be careful about the curves, I know it is a pain in the neck, but try to make them softer. I am not a fan of overpasses running too close to buildings, but that is just my preference. Overall I think you have done a really good job (y)

13. Kurtis Edwards

I kinda agree... I see the ovaries. But, I really like this exchange, very smartly planned. I just wish when you have to make an intersection with RHM the shading wasn't a ton lighter (top of your roundabout). It makes me avoid freeway intersections all together, unless they are terminating on a street road. I see the need in your case, considering the switch pieces can make roundabouts a bit more tricky if you are concerned at all with proportions.

14. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Yeah, hate those imperfections too, but I gladly take these with RHM ;) I think I might have some issue with shaders or something, bc I am getting quite a few rendering glitches :bored:

15. Kurtis Edwards

Yeah... I don't think I'd play the game nearly as much without RHM..... could you imagine solely using the in-game version. LMFAO.

R U on CXXL or CXL? I want to get some pointers on plazas and RHM bridges in CXXL. In CXXL the plazas/lawns will not terraform to the ground below the RHM bridge (and many other bridges, too) they terraform up to the bridge level. I have been using plazas/lawns up to a narrow point, without letting it hit the bridge above, then individually placing greenery. Generally I just lay a ped path as close the to bridge as possible so I create a barrier. Wish there was more talk of what people do as a work around on this thread.... very related. I mean, the way I do it looks great, it's just so time consuming placing individual greens without having them render through a bridge or what not.

16. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

I am still on CXL, waiting for most of the mods to be updated to CXXL to switch... So, no idea about the plazas. I usually use ped paths to adjust the terrain around RHM and elsewhere as some of the plazas in CXL terraform to the bridge, not the ground level, in CXL too...

17. city fiend

city fiend Elite

:rolleyes: I hate the RHM bridges not laying properly in CXXL, always bridge too low and/or tunnels etc.
    I also can't be bothered with CXXL yet too, can't do anything on it yet.

18. Kurtis Edwards

Do both of you realize that about 90% of the mods work in CXXL now? I don't feel like I am missing anything while playing it. Plus, the bugs/crashes are at about 65% better, in my opinion... and I have a butt-load of mods stuffed in it.

RHM bridges are a bit tricky in CXXL, but it's not anything I don't find a way to overcome, at a time consuming rate. lol. I just want plaza's to lay down along a RHM bridges like most of them did in previous versions. The tunnel issue is a rather large issue, I agree with that completely. But, some of the tendencies of the new RHM make it seem like it forces you to be a bit more "real".... if that makes sense. LOL.

19. gABE

gABE Unskilled Worker

And there's the my humble and compact but usefully interchanges ;) bRXvFnG.jpg CmpubGC.jpg GxUJH6O.jpg sRggxMo.jpg 0bsaQk4.jpg b8L5eWz.jpg 47PutX9.jpg lSc3VMt.jpg 4dWNZCJ.jpg

20. gABE

gABE Unskilled Worker

hi @Veknor :) nice work, what's the name of that 10-lane bridge mod in the upper right? thanks